G'day all thanks for accepting me

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stusta6961

Reaction score
So I went against my belief got a Nissan
I don't know whether to laugh or cry overpaid for a 2007 2.5 turbo diesel Spain built has over 22k in receipts this thing is like a rocket till you looking under it after a few days
Sump pisses oil
plug is that cross threaded it's like a kid tried to do it up
Also the smell of diesel in the oil is alarming has anyone got anything on that ??
It was completely rebuilt about 15thousand ago and can show receipts but if I do a oil change in around 500k oil is like water and reeks of diesel
I have a terminal Mrs and the guy that sold it said he would pay half cos we spent what we had on a car that was ment to be reliable

Any info would be awesome
Have a good night
Cheers
Stuey

That's shithouse mate, both your missus and the car. Probably an injector stuck open I imagine. One of the gurus here will be able to help. I just checked your profile to see what model you have and a previous post said you had a D40 petrol. I assume you switched to a D40 diesel? Would be a hard switch stepping back the the tractor that is the D22
As for overpaying, that is the state of the used car market at the moment. A mate of mine just sold his D23 for around 1k less than he paid for it 4 years ago
Good luck with it mate and good on the bloke that sold it to you for taking some responsibility at least. Most probably wouldn't

Sorry to hear what's happened, we'll try to give some reasonable advice. If it goes like a rocket because it's not standard - that might cause a few problems, but we'll no doubt figure out why as discussions continue.

Three primary issues that I see:

1) Diesel in the oil. This one's on top of my list because it's the most dangerous. It's usually caused by a leaking injector seal, the injectors might need a very close inspection to figure out which one.

2) Sump plug: easy fix during an oil change (which you're going to do in relation to the first one). Grab a helicoil and a replacement sump plug perhaps? There are kits available to repair these and I'd expect a mechanic to have this sort of thing available already. It should take all of 10 minutes to do - especially if you remove the sump and take that to the mechanic (see the next step too).

3) Sump leaks - assuming that it's not just coming from the plug. The fastest way to deal with this is to remove the sump (again, while the above are being done), clean the mating faces and use a good gasket sealant (Permatex is my choice). However, you want to check around the turbocharger (in particular the oil feed lines, and the oil return tube) for signs of leaking - the oil might flow down and make it look like the sump's leaking when it's actually something further up.

Then we'll get started on why it's a rocket ship. Generally speaking, if you make a candle burn brighter, it won't last as long.

Careful inspection first. Find the actual source of the leak. Empty the sump, drop it, get the thread fixed, fix the injector seal, reassemble. We'll go from there.

Ok guys update
Injector seals done ✅
Sump done ✅
Now mechanic is saying there is to much blow back in the crank as in it breaths to heavy and is saying the rings are gone
I have never had so many issues with a car in my life
If I had the money I would of got new but I simply don't what I make goes to the house and I'm lucky to buy a beer these days

Noticed the white to blue smoke from my father following me home he said it happens every now and then so sometimes it does it sometimes not

Has the mechanic done a dry then a wet compression test? This would give some indication of the condition of each of the cylinders and would certainly highlight whether or not it was just one cylinder or if the rings were not doing their job.

Diesels - compared to petrol engines - have a lot of blow-by. My own car - back when it was nearly new - surprised me with the amount of blow-by. There's nothing wrong with this, it's just one of the consequences of a higher compression engine (which diesels need to be).

No that would need to be the next step if it hasn't reduced within the 6-8 thousand kilometer mark

Latest posts

Back