EGT/Pyro and boost gauge advice?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastik86

Reaction score
G'day everyone. First time poster and not a mechanical genius but like having a crack myself anyways, so please be gentle!

As the title suggests I'm after some advice to do with EGT pyro gauge selection.

I've narrowed it down to two brands of gauge and three models. The Autometer gauges are my preference, however the Phantom II model only has pyro gauges in Fahrenheit, whereas the Cobalt model has Celcius buy only up to 900deg. The VDO digital display goes up to 1200 deg. Celcius.

Thinking 900deg Celcius is not a high enough range but unsure? The only problem with the Phantom II is trying to do the calculation on the go (which I'm sure in time I'll only need to look and know what it is in Celcius).

Also going to chuck a matching boost gauge in and have been reading about T-ing into the line that goes to the MAP sensor? Saw this on eBay http://bit.ly/1jHCtPV . Wondering if it will work or T-ing the hose would be easier, etc.

Both will be in a dual pillar pod, any recommendations on one? The ones on eBay made for the D22 are asking crack prices.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Your temps shouldn't be going much higher than 650c or you're in trouble.
Mine is post turbo on the dump pipe and the highest I have seen so far is just under 400C

Folklore is that there is about 200C difference between pre and post turbo.

Either way, 900C is well above those ranges. I have an autron dual gauge pillar pod but run Speedhut gauges myself.

KB

Latest posts

Back