egr valve keeps putting my check engine light on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssmmiicc

Reaction score
Hello all
I have got a 2006 d40 and recently the EGR fault keeps coming on Via my engine light on the dash
in my unfortunate wisdom I have pulled out this valve to see if it needs cleaning
and well if there are chimney sweepers for this I need one
has anyone had this issue and could advise ie cleaner types
blank off plates where to go from here
please see attachment of photo of the blockage
black stuff everywhere

cheers

Attachments

• egr.pdf
    194.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
The only thing that's going to trigger the EGR fault in a 2006 D40 is a faulty valve, and unless you replace it you'll keep getting the error no matter what you do.

Cleaning the intake manifold can be done with a vacuum device (not the wife's Dyson, she'll hit the roof). Alternatively, removing the intake and cleaning it will work but you need to replace the gasket and take care.

Blocking the EGR will not cause any error codes, but will stop the soot from gathering in the intake - it won't stop the oil (which combines with the soot to make the muck in your intake manifold). A catch can can be used to reduce the amount of oil being ingested as well.

Try this one on eBay for $455. It was the first one I found searching for "egr valve d40". Make sure it's definitely for your model, or keep looking. A little further down the page they were mid $300s.

There are some Nissan parts sellers that frequent these forums too. Try sending a PM to Nizzbits, or visit www.niss4x4.com.au and chat to them.

Back