D23 Genuine Snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is the genuine Nissan snorkel sealed or unsealed?
1st, no such thing as genuine. they are all aftermarket. it all depends on what company is suppling them at that time.
2nd, sealing will depend on who installed it (factory or dealer) and how well they did it.

i would simply check because odds are they do the cheapest install they can.

just see how to remove it (be careful sometimes they glue them in place), then you can put it back together and seal all the joints. i would go find some duckbill drains and fit them on the bottom of the air box.

i haven't bought one yet. tossing up between the genuine and Safari one. like the look of the Nissan one better but if the performance isn't there i would go the Safari. I know the Safari one can be sealed but cant find out if the Nissan one can be. I will be fitting it myself

I have the "genuine" snorkel on my car. It's made by Airtec, badged by Nissan. It's sealed enough to allow us to traverse a river with water lapping the windscreen and no issues. If you have any doubt, a construction-grade Sikaflex may be a good friend - or a bad friend, if you need to remove it (see Tweak'e's warning above).

Personally not a big fan of the "knuckle" in the Safari snorkel although it does allow for turning it backwards to reduce insect ingestion (but even that, in a locust storm, would be only marginally different because these things suck air like crazy).

Personally not a big fan of the "knuckle" in the Safari snorkel although it does allow for turning it backwards to reduce insect ingestion..

I have the safari snorkel.. no biased opinion here but I don't have a say to change now..

Upon installation and reading thru the booklet, the ram head has a collar that slips over the snorkel neck. This is apparantly a rain protection feature. When rain hits the back of the ramhead, it will drain out of the overlapping ramhead base. The incoming air will still flow up and into the collar and not cause any issues.

:dontknow:

Ill see if I have time to add a picture

Latest posts

Back