D22 qd32t going around aus

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benmiller

Reaction score
Gday thought i would share my 99 d22, we are currently in cairns on our working holiday around aus. Myself (ben 29) and wife (nikki 24) and our two dogs decided long weekends in the bush were not enough so we built the nav to travel and live out of. As stated its a qd32 with a dts turbo kit which was on it when i got it, its got dobinson hd shocks 5 pack 2" lifted leafs with an ironman load plus add a spring to help carry the 600kg canopy. Speaking of the canopy it is wind off system detaching from the ute for long term stays it has a 70ltr evakool dual zone fridge and a 100amph battery in a arkpak suppling the power which is charged either by solar or red arc isolator. Also has ply shelves with tubs on wheels for draws we also run a aqua cube and a 60ltr poly tank for them hot showers in the bush. We have rooftop tent and awning to keep us comfy. Just before we left we got a set of hankook dynapro mts in 33s and so far they have been great quiet so far hav not tested them in the mud much yet but i think they will do the job. Got a runva 11000lbs winch up front for recoveries bull bar and snorkel i got second hand. We are in cairns for 4 weeks as we both have temp jobs then its off to the cape for two months then who knows from their. Sorry for my poor spelling and grammer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 13,531
Howdy BenKki ;) That's the idea! Cant wait to do the same, Tell me guy's - what size is your spare?
Just curious "as that's one other thing I have to do" "fit up a spare" and I was wondering if I could get one under the tray??
Anywaysss welcome and the ute look's the goods!

CheersVic

Mate. Jealous.

Vic - I have 30" muddie under my tray and its touching the towbar, so I doubt you could go much bigger

Mate i only have the standard one under the tray but i think it will fit i don't know if my tow bar is different but mine seems to have the room ill let you know when i get one in the next couple of weeks

Mate. Jealous.

Vic - I have 30" muddie under my tray and its touching the towbar, so I doubt you could go much bigger

Ha me tooooo, jealous "very much", I cant wait to get moving -it's just the Nav' "every time I go to set off something else goes wrong or breaks" and then I have the many joy's of dealing with the "motorcar industry and their spotty faced know it all " !
Ahhhr jealousy- it's a great motivator though.....

Danm danm danm - I'm so tempted to throw it on the roof. I wonder if they make roof rack's for single cabs..
Yeah I though it was going to be tight! danmit! I thought I might get away with fitting it back up there "deflated" ?

Mate i only have the standard one under the tray but i think it will fit i don't know if my tow bar is different but mine seems to have the room ill let you know when i get one in the next couple of weeks

Ok sure, I have a single cab also ben and the tow bar on mine has an "arch" to it and it's factory so I'm betting they are the same. It's not strait going from one rail to the other .
I had the tape measure onto it yesterday and it will be close I'm betting, It's going back up there deflated and off to one side. I have the exhaust wrapped and I'll make a "shroud" if it's to close.. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. danm motivated now to get all these issues solved so I can get moving.

All the best in your travels "you two", cheers vic

Ok sure, I have a single cab also ben and the tow bar on mine has an "arch" to it and it's factory so I'm betting they are the same. It's not strait going from one rail to the other .
I had the tape measure onto it yesterday and it will be close I'm betting, It's going back up there deflated and off to one side. I have the exhaust wrapped and I'll make a "shroud" if it's to close.. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. danm motivated now to get all these issues solved so I can get moving.

All the best in your travels "you two", cheers vic
Here's one I prepared earlier hahaha. 265/75 16 on a stock alloy. Obviously different brands will be differently sized, but these have an overall diameter of about 820mm... I did "convince" it over to the driver's side as far as I could when winding it up. I have the st-r towbar too, to give you an idea.

Here's some pics...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434612595009.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434612595009.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 83
  • uploadfromtaptalk1434612825934.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434612825934.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 90
  • uploadfromtaptalk1434613017949.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434613017949.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 87
I cant find the photos I took but I moved the whole winder device over a few inches but here is some. The spare sits about 5 mm off the shackle (it doesn't look like it in the pic) and far enough off the exhaust not to warrant a shroud.
I thought since I am placing more weight on the winder I'd give it some support with a ratchet strap (for now) ! do the patrols have these winders? they may be a heaver unit? cheers vic.. one step closer !

Attachments

• 20150613_164000.jpg
    20150613_164000.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20150613_164119.jpg
    20150613_164119.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20150613_114310.jpg
    20150613_114310.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 20150613_114141.jpg
    20150613_114141.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 72
I cant find the pics of the winder move , restore, paint etc I also had to replace the section of steal on the bracket that goes through the rims centre hole with a longer piece of steal welded on to the original bracket .. vic

Latest posts

Back