2011 V6 diesel dash problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzz

Reaction score
Done a search and found similar issues but nothing exactly like mine.

Dash randomly loses all power apart from airbag light flashing(drivers side curtain bag fault).

Dash will turn back on randomly between 30 seconds to 30 minutes. While it's off there's no needle flickering and transmission works fine where others have had both happen during the dash malfunction.

Reset the service counter 30kms ago to 10,000 and its telling me I'm at 8,000.

Is this a new dash situation? Bad earth? Vehicle has the factory stereo.

No idea really but. I have had extensive experience with soldering pcbs. With the poor record of the 550 dash one has to suspect the soldered joints again.
If it were me I would re-solder most of the joints. The more weight or stress placed on a solder joint over time (eg. a heavy component) means that solder joint will fail. For those I would suck the solder off and replace it and not simply touch it up. Perhaps there is one of those that feeds power to the assembly to explain you issue.
If you do the solder repair work yourself then the risks are:
Applying too much heat for too long= 1/ Copper track lifts and needs repair. 2/ Damage to a component eg. diode.
3/ Drop a blob of solder on the board and not notice it = splat when power is applied. etc.
4/ Without the right solder iron you can easily write off the board.

Most problems of this type are mechanical. eg. connector, solder joint etc.

I would hate to have to replace the whole thing just for a crappy solder joint.

Done a search and found similar issues but nothing exactly like mine.

Dash randomly loses all power apart from airbag light flashing(drivers side curtain bag fault).

Dash will turn back on randomly between 30 seconds to 30 minutes. While it's off there's no needle flickering and transmission works fine where others have had both happen during the dash malfunction.

Reset the service counter 30kms ago to 10,000 and its telling me I'm at 8,000.

Is this a new dash situation? Bad earth? Vehicle has the factory stereo.
yup same issue, allso listen to your radio it will go softer when your dash turns off.
this was my way out.
earths - no
fuses - no
relays - no
jump a wire from radio to dash bad idea - stuffed with the ecu
take whole cluster out and clean. !!!YES!!! so far
pull cluster out and use a electrical contact spray to clean it out. i used my small compressor and blasted the turd.

been 3 weeks still working, no bs guessing your fuel level an car temps ect...
Don't bother trying to buy another 2nd hand cluster they are about 600bucks zzzzz.

end of the day. pull the cluster out. clean it. Give it a couple of Punches and Wacks and prey the coffee van isn't late.
GL champ

Latest posts

Back