17x8.5 Fuel Hostage Wheels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed10689

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had fitted 17x8.5 Fuel Hostage wheels to a D40 with a 265/70/17 tyres? Did you have any problems with the wheel and tyre sitting outside the guards?

The factory fitted 255/65/17 wheels are on 8 inch rims with a 25mm offset. The 17x8.5 Fuel Hostage wheels have an offset of 14mm. By my calculations that should push the rim out by 17.3mm and adding another 5mm for the wider tyre this should total 22.3mm.

Will this be too wide to fit inside the guards???

Thanks is advance,

i'm guessing you have have a spanish d40, if you have the standard 17x7 rims. if it's a thai, they will stick out further again!

Its a 2012 D40 which I believe makes it a Thai build. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the offset on the stock 17 inch wheels for this model is 25.

You check if it's Thai of Spanish by looking at the VIN inside the drivers door jam.
VSK= Spanish and MNT= Thai.

Its a 2012 D40 which I believe makes it a Thai build. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the offset on the stock 17 inch wheels for this model is 25.

if it's an RX, it will be a thai model, which i think will still have 16" rims with a 45mm offset. the same for the earlier 126kw ST.
the later ST(140kw4cyl) and the STX(v6) are spanish and use the 17" wheels which i think have a 30mm offset

Thanks for your reply's thus far guys. Really appreciate it.

According to the VIN it is a 2011 D40 STX bearing a VSK prefix so to my surprise it looks like it was built in Spain. That being the case does anyone know what offset that means the factory fitted 17 inch wheels would have?

the factory 17s look to have a similar offset to the spanish 16s which is 30mm. don't think you would want to go much lower than +20 or you will have too much overhang

if it's an RX, it will be a thai model, which i think will still have 16" rims with a 45mm offset. the same for the earlier 126kw ST.
the later ST(140kw4cyl) and the STX(v6) are spanish and use the 17" wheels which i think have a 30mm offset

Not all RX's are Thai built. My 2009 RX is Spanish, from what I have been told Nissan built some RX's in Spain before the 2010 update. Every time I go to a different dealer they insist on coming out and looking for them self. My local guy calls it the ST-RX because it has a bunch stuff it shouldn't have for an RX.

Hi all,

I've done a little more homework and established that I actually have a Spanish D40 that has factory fitted 17x7 inch wheels with a 30 offset fitted with 255/65/17 tyres and a 2 inch lift.

I've also learnt that I can get the 17x8.5 Fuel Hostage wheels with an offset of 25.

Correct me if I'm wrong but by my calculations that should have the new rims sitting 24mm further out and by putting 265/70/17 tyres on the 17x8.5 inch wheels that figure should again increase by another 5mm to a total of 29mm.

Now that I have established all that has anyone fitted a similar spec'd wheel/tyre/offset combination and how did you go with the guards?

I think it will be right on the edge or possibly a few mm out but nothing that would attract attention. What are your thoughts?

Latest posts

Back