Go Back   The Navara Forum > Tech Talk > Product Reviews

BBT Chainsaws - handy to have on the tracks!
Old 08-01-2015, 03:48 PM

Default BBT Chainsaws - handy to have on the tracks!

Hey all, as we know it sucks when you're on a mint 4by track and then get to a spot where a tree is fallen down over the track blocking you from proceeding further.. well if you havent got a spare $500 + for a big name Husqvarna or Stihl, i suggest taking a look at the Bigger Boyz Toyz range of Chainsaws !

LINK: http://www.bbta.com.au/categories/Chainsaws/

i bought a 54cc BBT chainsaw with 20inch bar equipped with a walbro carburettor and Oregon bar and chain for $180..
I sh!t you not it is by far amazing. Chopped up 3 tonnes of firewood with an arborist mate with his 75cc husky and he was astounded.. highly recommended ! Top of the scale chinese and even he, ( Husky man through and through) said it is very good bang for buck as long as looked after and using high quality oils.

The website shows a variety of saws to suit all needs. So jump on em! You wont be dissapointed!
Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2015, 08:12 AM

Do you have any connections with this company ?

as it would appear to be an advertisement ?..just asking

Old 09-01-2015, 12:19 PM

Most certainly not. I am just amazed at what the saw can do for the price.

Old 23-03-2017, 05:17 AM

Just wondering, but how do you feel about it now that 2+ years have passed?

Do you still have it? If so, how much do you use it?

Have the fuel lines failed, as this seems to be the biggest problem with the Chinese saws?

Genuinely interested! :)

Old 23-03-2017, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

the 2 stroke chainsaw engine is just as simple as the 2 stroke whipper snipper engine , i bought a chinese made whipper snipper some years ago and did have to replace the fuel lines [ tygon yellow $2 ] replaced the torch brand sparkplug with an njk brand and all good ever since. be wary when they say has a Walbro Carbie as there are alot of walbro copies especially from china.
but if your not using this full time for a living the price is good for alot of the chinese stuff.

Old 23-03-2017, 07:26 AM

My Mood:
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
Just wondering, but how do you feel about it now that 2+ years have passed?

Do you still have it? If so, how much do you use it?

Have the fuel lines failed, as this seems to be the biggest problem with the Chinese saws?

Genuinely interested! :)
+1 yeah id be curious to know how its held up for X amount of hours use.

Old 23-03-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonney View Post
the 2 stroke chainsaw engine is just as simple as the 2 stroke whipper snipper engine , i bought a chinese made whipper snipper some years ago and did have to replace the fuel lines [ tygon yellow $2 ] replaced the torch brand sparkplug with an njk brand and all good ever since. be wary when they say has a Walbro Carbie as there are alot of walbro copies especially from china.
but if your not using this full time for a living the price is good for alot of the chinese stuff.
I remove & prune trees for a living. So, I sort of understand 2 stokes lol! I tried a Chinese chainsaw once out of curiosity, it was pure, unadulterated faeces! The plastics were garbage, screws just stripped threads in the crap alloy top end & the muffler fell off. The alloy pressed into the clutch cover where the bar studs pass through just squished like butter. The carb wouldn't load fuel, so you could pull all day, but it wouldn't start!

I was interested to read what the saw in question was like after 2 years.

Old 23-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

My Mood:

The build quality is poor Kevin as you said, most of those saws are buggered by 30 hours the chrome just strips off the bore and the machine goes in the bin. But the average home owner would seldom use one that long. Trade Tools saws are ok for a cheapie and they have parts backup too.

Old 23-03-2017, 11:42 AM

Hi HJ! That's why i asked about the fuel lines, as any Chinese saw I'm using would be completely stuffed long before the fuel lines could fail. I recon your 30 hours usage for Chinese saws is spot on! I'm getting a tad more than that from Stihl/Echo/Dolkita lol!

I had a quick look at the Trade Tools saws, they look different to 99% of the Chinese saws I've seen! As you probably know, most Chinese saws are Zenoah knock offs. Those aren't :)

Old 23-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

My Mood:

I have a 45cc T/T saw with 16 and 18 inch bars. It's only a backup saw but I can't fault it. In 5 years only the choke lever has broken. I have their pole saw too, it's just as good.