xforce 3" exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
is anyone running an xforce 3" exhaust system?

i have found a turbo back system advertised for $499.
i dont think it has a cat but everything else looks good.
checked the xforce website it has 1 muffler + hotdog resonator.

doesnt seem to have the flexible bellow that others do, is this likely to cause dramas?

wow i didnt know xforce made an exhausts for the 22s!!!! the price you got is that off them or someone selling it??

Xforce dont make a turbo back system for the d22 with a 2.5 motor--however they do on for the 3.olitre apparently

id also be interested to see how it goes, have noticed plenty of people talk about exhausts and mentioned 2.5"

id like to upgrade to a 3" high flow system for the performance side, but arent keen on massive amounts of noise. plus i can get it put in while they do my towball

got it all fitted up today.

was a fairly straight forward job.

had to slightly modify the middle mounting piece that mounts the exhaust to the gearbox.

also had a new egr block-off plate machined up by a mate and tapped with 1/8npt thread for the egt probe.

took it for a spin, its not too loud. sounds pretty similar to stock when cruising and just a bit gruniter with the foot down.

will see how i go with fuel economy and egt's, egt's did seem to drop very quickly once i pulled into the drive to idle down, but it may have been due to other factors.

Attachments

• P1000049.JPG
    P1000049.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 847
  • xforce1.jpg
    xforce1.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 804
  • xforce2.jpg
    xforce2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 758
  • 100_0926.JPG
    100_0926.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 746
Just ordered this exhaust, why did you have to modify the bracket that mouts the exhaust to the gearbox??

Bart

The threaded holes on the exhaust bracket didn't line up with the original bracket, they were about 10mm out.
Was nothing complicated, just drilled out the holes a bit bigger and elongated a couple with a file, Welded about 10mm extra onto the original bracket as it wasn't long enough after extending the holes, but you could get away without the extra if you had to.
You might not have that problem anyway.

May be possible to change it without removing the turbo, but probably harder to do it that way. would be very awkward to undo some of the nuts on the dump pipe.
You also need to remove the 2 long studs on the bottom of the turbo/dump. There's not enough room to slide the dump off. Easiest to remove exhaust back to cat, unbolt turbo and lift the whole lot out in one piece.

The 2 longer studs will need to be replaced with shorter studs, or you can use bolts as I did.

Use plenty of penetrating oil on all threads to loosen.
Hopefully you wont snap any studs. I broke one on the egr port of the manifold, was a bastard to remove, had to take the manifold off.

You'll also need to cut a bit away from the heatshield to clear the dump pipe.

Its all pretty straight forward, ratchet ring spanners, open enders and plenty of different sockets, extension bars etc will probably be needed. Torque wrench & or breaker bar will come in handy too.

Oh ok cheers. Hmmm hopefully i dont gotta remove the turbo but might be the easiest way. Have to have a look. Did you have to remove the front tailshaft to remove the old exhaust and fit the new one?

Cheers
Bart

nah tailshaft stays put

just remove the turbo, its not too hard.

Hey guys I've had this same system for about 5 months now. Straight away I noticed massive torque increase.

As for fitting I used bolts in the turbo as well and also did not remove the turbo. I dropped the front tailshaft, took all of a couple of minutes. Made life much easier feeding it up past the bellhousing.

I added a 45 degree dump tip 3'' to redirect any soot from the tow bar and bumper. I will be removing the hotdog resonator sometime this week for just a little bit more grunty sound. ;-)

What size bolts did you use D22TURBO?

Also did either of you have dramas putting bolts throught he flange on the xforce dump pipe? Just on the lower stud/bolt hole on the fuel filter side of the xforce dump it seems to be a tight fit to get a nut or bolt head in there? Cheers for any help.

Also what gaskets did you guys replace?

Cheers bart.

the torque for the turbo bolts is 29-32 foot pounds i think.
i just guessed the turbo to mainifold by hand as there's not enough room to get the torque wrench in there, just used a ring spanner.

the bolts are m8 standard thread. 30mm i think i used.

one side is very tight on the dump, i put the bolt in before i put the nuts on the other studs so it allows for a bit of movement.
did the bolt up most of the way and put the other bolt in followed by the nuts.

i reused the old gaskets.

How tight of a spot was that hole for you ben? I Used a spare bolt i had in the shed to try and see how much room there was to get either a shorter stud or a bolt in there. Now the bolt i had was i think either a 7-8mm bolt (dont remember how long) but i couldnt get it to fully go through either way of the dump pipe flange. Was your dump pipe shaped like mine like the angle (looking from above in the first pic)

Any help would be appreciated, just dont want to pull it all apart and then not be able to use it until i can work out what sort of bolts or studs to get.

F811B484-7847-4115-B58D-C86AD24C9413-3745-000004E7D132463F.jpg

916F70E2-3858-48D0-A342-3DB489149F75-3745-000004E7DBD0B72A.jpg

B9298373-F02D-43F5-8646-54AA99166088-3745-000004E7E262AEE1.jpg

A8C52D06-CA5F-4EB8-A309-686D27091087-3745-000004E7EA5536E2.jpg

Bart

my dump was exactly the same.

it was tightish but quite easy with the right size bolt, yours is too long.
you need to get the bolt through first before you side the dump onto the studs otherwise you wont be able to aline the bolt with the thread. its either 30 or 35mm x m8.
ill see if i can check later on.

Latest posts

Back