Child Restraints D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabhsv

Reaction score
Has anyone had to get child restraints put in there Nav as mine is a 2004 STR an they didn't come out with child restraint, want to know the different option/installations that can be done or if there is any kits that I could buy to install.

There is no kits as you need a compliance plate. I have just had 3 put in my Navara. Where are you? if you are in Brisbane I'll give the details who I got them done through

G'day Cab,

I just had child restraints fitted to mine. It required a regular child seat bolt (comes with seat) being bolted into the floor pan behind the back seat and then a specialized runner (engineered and rated etc) for up higher. It's bolted at the top of the rear seat and through the rear of the cab. So the child seat belt runs through the runner and down to the bolt.

Did that make sense?

You might be able to get this to fit yourself, but I got mine fitted and supplied with an engineering certificate for $300 from Nissan in Nowra.

Just ring around, or contact QLD transport, I had mine fitted for about $160 I thought by a mobile mechanic in Bunnings carpark complete with modplate

I had 2 dealer fitted, bolted behind seat and pot rivoted above window, very neat & tidy was around $350 from memory. Pole Position in VIC are licensed installers, not sure if they are in QLD or not.

Only fitting one baby seat? Hook it to the latch to the seat clip! The one you need to pull the strap to get the seat forward... there is enough room for the baby seat clip and the seat clip.

Dodgy!! Just do it right your young ones life could depend on it and what price could you put on that

Bingo. I can see here that I probably paid too much, but I don't care. I'd never forgive myself if something happened to my little girl because I was a tightarse.

yeah i paid like $500 for 2 fitted and didn't really care about the money. 1st child and that i reckon by the 2nd or 3rd i'd just put em in the tray lol

yeah but if you have an accident and that $200 POS fails you then can take action on the company who installed it, If you use the latch you have no one to blame but yourself.

i was lucky enough too have it when i got the car i have 2005 str. but yeah looks like a bracket. 2 bolts through back wall of the car in the middle.

Has anyone got some pic's of the different instalations etc.. as the one that I've been quoted on goes over the rear window.

child restraints ah, i have some duck tap and some zip tie's that should stop the little yard apes from moving.

Back