After Market OIL filters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza414

Reaction score
Just wondering what people have been using other than Nissan and what they have been paying for them.

I did a search..but nothing came up..but then again ?

also considering running a sandwich plate off the oil filter and going with an air to oil cooler with in line dual oil filters..maybe just Z9's

Last edited:
What are you looking for? Which car? Landy or nav?

Using genuine myself around the $25-30 mark. Sydney filters do 2 brands, ones is identical to genuine other is a cheaper brand. Around the $15-30 mark again plus postage. Filter kits are cheap aswell.

Try Sydney filters mate. Uses the same product code number as the genuine filter but its branded Mack or something. The other brand I can't remember. I notice the genuine filters have a different return valve setup so the oil doesn't return to sump like other brands ie repco etc

Or try Nizzbits for genuine filters at a good price. I don't know what Gary charges but if it's anything like trade price it's a decent saving, I pay about $18 for D40 genuine oil filters.

i use ryco from supercheap, going to go k&n next time as they have a nut for easy removal, pain in the arse getting the other brands off

Its got me !@#$%^ why ZD30 filters are so dear.

They reuse the cannister and use a material cartridge.

Ryco, list the Z89A filter which is the same as a FORD Z9 but shorter..ie the Nissan is 100mm high whilst the Ford is 140mm high..all the other specs are the same.
The Z89A lists for about 10bucks whilst a Z9 can be picked up from $5 to $8 depending on specials.

I was thinking as mentioned running an external oil cooler and inline running a dual parallel set of filters ie Z9's ..cheap and readily available..reason being that cooler oil temps deteriorate oil props slower and cleaner oil with cheaper filters.....all support longer engine life...same goes for fuel with cleanliness.

as to why Nissan filters are expensive..I'd suggest its what the market will pay as to specs--who knows..most just make assumptions that they are better rather than equal or worse without any data

correct me if i'm wrong but the YD25 engine uses the cartridge filter (like the ZD30) and i have not seen any filter adapters you can fit to them. so running remote filters is going to be a major.

correct me if i'm wrong but the YD25 engine uses the cartridge filter (like the ZD30) and i have not seen any filter adapters you can fit to them. so running remote filters is going to be a major.

no it uses a screw on can complete unit.

tho I cant see fitting a n adaptor easy as the filter port has a housing/shroud about 25mm or so...like a cup that the filter sits in..

Attachments

• Oil Filter mount (Large).JPG
    Oil Filter mount (Large).JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited by a moderator:
Have to word the insider i know up for trade pricing on a few oil filters , Nissan near me you cant pick them 1 day you get trade pricing next day full price

I use Donaldson filters. We use them on generators at work and never had a problem.

Part number for the ZD30 are:
Oil - P505978
Fuel - P551351

Even my Lada uses a Z89A!

Not sure if that says more about the Lada or the Nissan.

I have also had a Ford, Land Rover & Volvo's using Z89A's so there are plenty of vehicle manufacturers that have "genuine" filters.

I had been advised not to use a Ryco in Volvo's because there was no anti- drain back valve.

The Lada spare parts people also say that there are oil pressure issues using non-genuine filters (as they most likely would). This is a company who produced a cheap copy of a crappy Fiat motor to stick in there cheap Russian cars. (Fiats & Alfa also use Z89A).

So as to whether all oil filters are created equal......

Latest posts

Back