Body Lift - Cab only

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 2 inch lift installed on my d22 but as you guys know a 2inch lift at the front on a D22 simply means winding up the torsion bars and losing all your down travel. But if you want to keep your down travel your rear end sits way higher than the front.

To remedy this situation I would like to install a body lift on the cab only so I keep my under the guard clearance for my tyres and also regain my lost down travel, so essentially I would wind my torsion bars down 50mm and put a 50mm body lift in only the cab to keep the rim-to-guard measurement the same (obviously my under car clearance will be reduced but I'm not overly fussed on that.

I am mainly looking to do this for aesthetic appearance and also regaining my lost down travel. Has anyone heard of anyone doing this?

Only problems I am seeing as the there is a body-cab mould line which wont line up but that doesnt worry me and also the roll/sports bar will be a little low, if it affects my rear vision too much Ill put in spacers to raise it up the 50mm, I could even use 4 of the tray body lift blocks I wont use on the tray to space the roll/sports bar up by 50mm, or just make up some wooden or other material spacers to raise the roll bar up.

Cheers,
Shorty

Last edited:
A really dumb question,

What would be wrong with getting longer travel shocks, this way you will regain your lost down travel at the front.

Personally I do not see the point in body lifting half of your vehicle.

It makes absolutely no sense to me. And it would look ridiculous too.

I would be looking at more going the path of LONG TRAVEL SHOCKS.

Geoff

POCOYO'S V6⚠️

Last edited:
by winding them down 50mm you will loose upwards travel in the suspension. also body lifting half the car will look odd and the body lines of the car wont line up, which personally would annoy me something terrible.
if it were me i would get a bit more coin together and buy some upper control arms in a brand of your choice and level it out with them and also retain you down travel.

Yea go for it, lift half. It'll make the car look better.
Not perform better off road. You've still got the same ground clearance as your lowering the front back down....

I see where your coming from, the idea works.
It's not what's considered normal or legal, as above has mentioned.
Grit your teeth a bit longer and put the coin in the right avenues to do it properly and make the truck perform better in the long run.
Spend the coin once, spend it right!

My reasoning for not wanting to buy new upper control arms is purely because I want to limit the down travel, keeping the stock arms enables me to do this, as the cv angles are never too extreme even at full suspension droop, bolt the new UCA's on and the new full droop level gives hardcore cv angles.

My sole reason for the body lifting the cab only is to put more room under guards to avoid tyre scrubbing and to match the underguard height at the rear.

Also I dont see why it would be illegal? If I had an tray back you could leave it and only body lift the cab and no one would know. Just because I have a tub I have to lift both the tub and cab for it to be legal? I cannot even fathom why that would be? Also asked the mod plate guy in my area and he said that would be fine.

i dont know about legal issues, i also cant see why you would have a problem with only lifting the cab and if the mod plate guy is ok with it, then its all good.
something else to think about is by winding down the bars you are also decreasing your ground clearance.

winding down my bars to match my rear rim to guard height will only decrease the ground clearance slightly, and I have bashplates so Im not too worried

Latest posts

Back