Got our D-40 D/Cab last week. Magic !

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockyOne

Reaction score
I never took one for a test drive.had read lots of road tests including the reasonably accurate* ones in 4WD Monthly of six of the best.*One reviewer should have read their own specs sheet."Don't load it too much as the motor struggles" or something like that. Now the facts. The engine has exactly same Kw as Hilux 3 ltr and higher Torque while the carry capacity in kgs is higher. Anyway,who cares about all that. As it drives magic,so quiet at any almost legal speed,STX has great lumbar adjustments for my often troublesome back,clever tie downs on tub sides and base (one behind window tailor made for our dog Spanner),choose of rubber is perfect (enough grip and lack of transmitted road noise),six speed box is growing on me but I could live with five,comfort plus for driver and navigator,amazing sound setup (my 165 tune MP3 country CD never sounded so good),although I am 6'2 1/2", driver position and feet areas are perfect,mirrors are best I have ever used,soft cover for the rear tub is too 'yuppie' for me but I will suffer it I guess (prefer the external clip or stretchy cord types even though holes have to be drilled externally),entry for my long frame is exelent,the radio is easy to tune and overall I have found the rig just great.

Welcome

Welcome Rocky

I have had my D40 since February and just love it. The only criticism that I have (and it is nit picking I concede) is the lack of steering wheel controls for the stereo.

Bosshog

I have had my D40 since March & get happier every time I drive it. Even my Toyota mad son-in-law who had his HiLux chipped can't get over the power (He went out & bought a 6 Ltr SS ute to get the bragging rights back). My wife & I fight over who gets to drive & we never did that with our last 2 cars (A Discovery & XR6).

Thanks replies guys..Ordered a TJM black steel bullbar and a Hayman Reese tow bar yesterday here in Emerald. The TJM bar would have been about $30 dearer than the ARB one except the ARB unit only has one radio aerial bracket and would cost $50 extra for a second one plus a wait (could clean up a 'roo on our 16k bush drive to town in that time) The TJM one has two aerial mounts and is in Emerald where as the ARB one is over at the coast some 3 hours each way away. The Aussie Swag camper will tow magic behind this unit. Love camping in winter.Fires etc.

Latest posts

Back