Something Rolling around

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maseface

Reaction score
Ok so i picked my Navara up today (yay)
I'm happy with it except for one thing. The previous owner has drilled 2 holes behind the back seat that go through to the back tray. Im assuming it was to fix somthing like a toolbox or god knows what in the back. Anyway, they must have dropped a nut or bolt or some other piece of rolling irritating metal down inside the rear wall cavity.
Its quite annoying to hear it rolling around - and im pretty sure i can't get to it or get it out.

Just wondering if you guys have any idea if theres something i can squirt into the holes (about 10-12mm dia) that will fall to the bottom and set to stop it rolling around?

Or any other ideas would be rad.

Thanks dudeeees.

Mase

I reckon if you pull a handbrake turn at 80km/h and release the handbrake while the car is still sliding and you'll get the bolt out. Might need a little polishing on the roof afterwards.

Seriously, you could try one of those magnets on the extendy arms, or if you don't want to remove it, take the car out and corner hard so that it rolls to one side, then spray either expander foam in (to simply block its path) or maybe squeeze some silicone in, as the bolt passes through the silicone it will pick it up and then dry against a surface somewhere in there.

You could use a "yellow tongue" (long thin flexible plastic strip from flooring sheets) or something similar, with a tape with good adhesive on it to feed through the hole and try to grab it and slowly pull it out, or even attach a small magnet to the end to grab it?

It would most likely be a painfully frustrating process, but it's a way to get it out if you didn't want to pump foam-a-fill or silicon into the cavity.

The holes are at the top of the cavity so its going to be really hard to fish it out.
I liked the expander foam idea, but then i thought if it starts expanding and sets half way down then ill never be able to fix it.

Im liking the sillicon idea, i might get a long tube and stick it down deep and ram the nozzle onto the other end and just empty like a whole tube into it.

I wasn't suggesting a whole tube - just a dollop. The nut will hit it and collect some of it, and eventually dry hopefully with some of that holding it to an interior surface.

Latest posts

Back