Np300 stx vibration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for that. So we know for a fact that it is not normal for the car to shake at any speed.

Nissan contacted me yesterday and they have tested a few other Navara autos. The new units that they tested all shook at either 80-90 km/h or at 100-110 km/h. The degree of shaking varied between units, with some exhibiting more shake than the others.

They are going to test a few more units and then inform their counterparts in Thailand and Japan for the next course of action. Thailand because the car is produced there.

I should have an answer by this week.

Vibration at 105 kph

Hi D23, I purchased a STX in January and also had a vibration at 105 kph. Took straight back to the dealer and it was fixed straight away. They said that they found a fault when hooked up to a diagnostic machine. Apparently there was a loose sensor ? Now no vibration.

Last edited:
Hi Rocky2228,
That's good news that they fixed the vibration for you. I've got no idea to what lengths the dealer went to resolve the problem with mine. They seemed to concentrate on the wheels and tyres, but that's not it. They will not do anything further at the dealer and I never want to go back there anyway. If you could find out what sensor caused the vibration that would be much appreciated. I hardly drive the NP300, only done 8000k's since January. Travelling in it is like having continuous heart palpitations.

Yeah Jonney, a name and shame could be in order.
I have a few things on the go regarding this matter, so I will wait on the outcome.

about time you did a name and shame on this dealer. not exceptable.

Also, I have been in touch with a couple of other owners up your way.
They have the same problem and they get the same treatment from their dealers as well. Maybe we are all just waiting and hoping for a good outcome.

Hi D23, I purchased a STX in January and also had a vibration at 105 kph. Took straight back to the dealer and it was fixed straight away. They said that they found a fault when hooked up to a diagnostic machine. Apparently there was a loose sensor ? Now no vibration.

I find this hard to understand that a sensor was loose and caused a vibration. At least it's fixed, perhaps you could ask the dealer what the issue was on D23's behalf. Surely a 60k rig should drive like a car not a bloody 60's Land Rover.

I have received a reply from nissan. They plan to give me an improved part to be installed. When I queried what this part would be, they stated that they want to fit new bushings for the mounting points between the ladder chassis and cab body.

If this part is worn, it would cause a poor ride and harshness. But can this happen on a brand new vehicle? In my experience this would not cause regular shaking of the car. The shaking is definitely caused by something being imbalanced. Anyway they are going to do this experiment on a car that they have at their dealership as it exhibits a similar problem as mine. If the problem goes away, then they would do a similar thing to mine.

Anyway I am not too optimistic that this is source of the problem.

Hi anand1969,
I agree with you, I doubt that the mounting between the body and chassis is it. If it was, then they all would shake To me the shudder/shake is something out of balance in the driveline. At least they are trying to fix it for you, rather than just giving you the old line "that's normal"
Anyway, keep us informed how you go. What they are doing for you was never mentioned to me.

Nissan just got back to me. Apparently after they fitted the improved bushings on their vehicle the shaking reduced but not completely eliminated. In their opinion it is acceptable. They have suggested that I try their vehicle and gauge the improvement. I will do so some time next week and will let you know if they have indeed fixed the problem.

Hi D23, I have an ST 4X4 Auto purchased in November 2015 and have been experiencing the same issues. The dealer in my case has been pretty good its Nissan Australia that have been absolute disgraceful.

We have tried, rotating the drive shaft, 5 set of rims and tyres, changing suspension, road force balancing..... A have also spoken to a couple who is have the same problem in the 4x2.

Still not fixed. Nissan Australia closed my case and wont let the dealer reopen it, they said i need to create a new case. What a load of .....

Have a similar thing happening with mine, vibrating around 78-85 km/h around 1750 rpm, all other speeds seems ok. It's an St 4x2 auto, dealer checked tailshaft and found it to be 1mm out of round, max allowance is 0.6mm. Going in tomorrow to have tail shaft swapped over and see how it goes.

Have a similar thing happening with mine, vibrating around 78-85 km/h around 1750 rpm, all other speeds seems ok. It's an St 4x2 auto, dealer checked tailshaft and found it to be 1mm out of round, max allowance is 0.6mm. Going in tomorrow to have tail shaft swapped over and see how it goes.

Let us know the outcome.
It didn't work for me or anyone else I've spoken to.
Good luck

Vibration problem solved!
Just came back from dealer with a swapped over tailshaft that come out of an RX 4x2 and I can confirm that the vibration issue I had 78-85 km/h has now gone. They have left it in there for now until new shaft arrives. Must admit was very suprised after reading that others had theirs replaced without fixing the problem.

Vibration problem solved!
Just came back from dealer with a swapped over tailshaft that come out of an RX 4x2 and I can confirm that the vibration issue I had 78-85 km/h has now gone. They have left it in there for now until new shaft arrives. Must admit was very suprised after reading that others had theirs replaced without fixing the problem.

That is excellent news.
I was wondering whether the dealer really swapped the tail shaft over for me or just said they did. Or perhaps there was a bad lot and they just swapped over an out of spec one off a like vehicle. I wish there was more liaison between the mechanic and the customer rather than just speaking to the person on the counter who is usually disinterested.

Its great that your issue is resolved.

Today I tested the vehicle that they had fitted with the improved bushings between the ladder frame and the cab body. The vibration at 80 km/h and 110 km/h was not existent. At 120 km/h I felt a slight shake but it was not as obvious as before. The replacement of the bushings with improved units have made a difference but there is still a slight vibration.

I have highlighted this to them and they would have a look at both the front and rear propeller shafts to determine if they are out of balance. They would be sending them out to check if they are balanced. They would also relook at the rims and tyres once again as it was reported that on one unit, the tyre was slightly 'out of round'.

Since the improvement bushings are available they would order a set for me and get it installed on my vehicle. The improved units come from Nissan Thailand/Japan. The improvement to the units have not been described to me.

Get the dealer to check tailshafts with a dial gauge to make sure they are true. You can still balance an out of round shaft but it will cause whipping/ vibration issues at certain rpm. Hope this helps.

np300 vibration

Hi all. I have the same vibration on my STX np300. 80- 110km/h and the thing gets a vibration through the seats and cab. I'm so over it!. perfect new bitumen highway up to the sunny coast and it's wobble city!
Toyo tyers had 'flat spot removal procedure done. no different. Bought new all terrains, no different. Dealer swapped rims and tyers from another np300, same type. Was better, but needs to be tested on the same road that i experience the vibration. Put mine back on, shocking. Dealer has acknowledged that "yes we have a problem". If the tailshaft is out of balance, where do i get that checked?

Latest posts

Back