EFS Heavy Duty Torsion Bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have seen many differing opinions on HD torsion bars. In my situation I don't have a lot of weight to carry in the front, all I have is an alloy bar and Ironman steel bash plates.

Some people say don't get HD torsion bars because your ride will be too stiff with not much extra weight in the front.

Some people say that because you need to apply less twisting force to a HD bar than a standard bar to level the car after a 2 inch suspension lift, you will actually get better ride quality.

Which circumstance is the actual truth, with a standard alloy bar and steel bash plates will I get better ride quality with stock or HD torsion bars when they are wound up match my rear lift? Keeping in mind I don't want my suspension to be overly harsh as my navara is a daily drive which I do some 4x4/camping with on the weekends.

I already have HD torsion bars in my possession, so should I put them in or will I be better off with the stock ones?

Cheers,
Shorty

As you already have the new torsion bars i would fit them.
The Navara will handle better with less nose diving under brakes
Cheers

Yep, ive got a 03 d22 3.0, Alloy Bar, daily driver etc...put 2" rear springs and HD torsion bars in and it was a much better ride. If you already have them they are easy to fit yo only need a wheel alignment and if you really dont like them change them back( I dont think you will)
Mine were both Toughdog.
cheers
Adam

Latest posts

Back