2007 D40 Cruise Control Issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButchyBoy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am having issues with my cruise control in Navara 2007 D40. I have just had a new clutch put in it and now the cruise control won't work. The mechanics say the the new clutch has nothing to do with it, but I'm not sure. Can anyone suggest anything?
All break lights and reversing lights seem to be working.
Cheers ;)

There is a sensor that disables the cruise control when the clutch is pushed looks like an issue there if the clutch has just been replaced and now the problem they need to rectify it.

Hi guys,

In my D40, "Cruise" light works in Green, but no "Set" works.
No issues on 'Clock Spring Airbag Cable' bcoz i have replaced it recently for AirBag light issue.
I have done some tricks as forums say, clutch paddle push up, gear lever push to left and tried Cruise Set, but no chance.
Can somebody advise me on this regard please?

Thanks,
Asela

mine was similar. Wouldn't work lifting the clutch or pushing the gear lever around.

I adjusted the clutch switch first after seeing that the switch wasn't touching the pedal when released, so it wasn't adjusted right. Fixing that was a 5min job. Undo the lock nut, remove the plug, wind the switch in so the with the clutch released the switch is depressed properly, tighten the locknut and replace the plug.

Still didn't work, unless the gears stick was held left in 4th, pushed left in 5th/6th. It will normally remain set unless I knock the gear stick right in 5th/6th. I have ordered a neutral position switch and will install.

Minor update on this issue. My cruise control hasn't been working for months, and an air bag flashing light triggered me to investigate. I found the tip re putting a 5c piece on the plate where the clutch pedal trips the cruise control button, and voila it worked! Initially thought it hadn't worked, but then - of course - worked out that CC can only be applied when >40kph. sure enough - cruise control now works.

I did hope it would fix the air bag light too....no such luck as yet. I've had a quote of $550 to fit a new clock spring......dammed expensive.

Thanks for the link Tony. I've been trying to work out whether its the right part for my Navara, and the vehicle filter on that site suggests that it is not. I'll email them to see what they can come up with. cheers, and thanks again.

That's the exact one I just installed. Also fits the Maxima, Tiida, Micra ...

The trick is to get it and check that you can turn the interior (with no effiort at all) 2 and a half turns each way. Your steering wheel (from straight) should turn about 2 and a quarter turns each each (so about 4.5 turns lock to lock). Then, with the plastic locking pin back in place, install it. Remove the plastic locking pin as late as possible.

Don't get one of the $20-odd ones on eBay like this one. If you look closely at it, it has an "L8" stamped on it - that's for a left-hand drive. Changes the way your indicators cancel around corners - trust me, that's first hand experience!

Issues could be:

* Clutch pedal not engaging switch properly
* Brake pedal not engaging switch properly
* Clock spring in steering wheel faulty
* Switches in steering wheel not making contact properly

There are logic issues which will prevent the CC from engaging like overtemp, ABS faults etc but you'd see the warning lights for those.

Could also be neutral indicator switch on gearbox. Can be a bugger of a job but doable for sure.

I am also having problems with my cruise control and I believe it is the neutral switch on the gearbox but I am having trouble confirming which one it is on the car. Do you have a diagram of which switch is the correct one?
thanks

Andy, that really depends on what year/model your car is and whether it is auto or manual. I replaced mine a little while ago (manual D40), there are 2 similar switches on the rear of the gearbox towards the top. The NP switch is the top one as shown in the diagram. The correct part for the 2006-2010 Spanish build D40M is the same as this link http://r.ebay.com/K8JaYa. You'd need to look up the other variants.

Attachments

• PNPswitch.png
    PNPswitch.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 145

Latest posts

Back