d22 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goes a hell of a lot better with a turbo I can say that. The QD32 came out N/A so it was only logical to stick one on. I have a bonnet scoop sitting in the project stack that I will put on one day.

yeah my plan is too put a scoop and fan on it as soon as possible the cooler fatboy has up is the exact same as the one here it cost me 100 for the cooler very very very easy install no brackets yet had it on for a couple days havents done any serious 4wd yet but seems very sterdy and strong as it is now but wen a fan goes on i think it will deffinantely need bracketing

make sure you post up the pics and details when you add the fan and bonnet scoop, im sure theres at least a few of us that would be interested.

do you have any ideas on how you plan to set it up?

hey ben yeh ive been on ebay and had a look at some scoop i think ill get my local pnel beater to fit it up but

hey bridge
super cheap auto have a 10" thermo fan with a metal frame, its around $60. comes with relays and switches.

i intend to use this with my cooler which i purchased over the weekend from rabbit-chop.

should make a big difference

I just removed my fan today... Was fouling out on the airbox piping

hey fatboy did u find with the fan on it made a difference i was only gonna go with a 6 or 7 inch thermo fan my cooler is only 7 inches wide

10 inch sounds a bit big. 6 or 7 inch would probably be pretty right.

Nah I removed the fan for clearance issues. The change even without the fan stopped me from thinking its necessary. It changed the top end drop off massively..
Still vibrating the shit out of the car though.

hey bridge, what are the size of the silicon hose joins you used?

im going to order a kit and give the system a go.

umm the pipe from car to intercooler is 2 1/2 the the the 90 bend is in 2 1/2 into 2 inch then there is a 2 inch 135 bend and a 1.75 135 degree bend thats what i used i had too head the 1.75 silicone pipe to get the 2 inch joiner too fit

so the turbo outlet is 1.75inch (44.5mm)?
I thought someone said in an old thread it was 40mm, but i cant remember.

I fitted this same IC today.

Will be adding a 7" thermo fan soon. And probably a bonnet scoop.

Will need to make a small bracket to support the IC as one of the silicon bends is rubbing on something underneath.

Also have to move my catch can, I had it mounted off the fuel filter bracket where the silicon bends now are.

progress so far, made up a little bracket, painted it up, just waiting for it to dry before refittment.

also made a new bracket to set the catch can behind the fuel filter.
just gotta wire up the fan and run the hoses for the catch can which might be a struggle, theres not much room around the air intake return barb.

will be interesting to see how it goes when i get the fan going.

took it for a test run the other day without the fan, got out, popoed the bonnet and felt the ic. it was warm. cooled to air temp after maybe 30secs or so. id expect it to run abit cooler with the fan on.

Attachments

• 21062012(003).jpg
    21062012(003).jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 743
im also running a body lift, not sure if thered be enough room under the bonnet with out it with the fan on top. will try to remember to have a closer look later on.

havent got the scoop on it yet, will go and see the panel shop when i get a chance.

had a quick look at the height of it. its hard to say if it would fit if i wasnt running the bodylift.

Im guessing with scoop it would fit regardless. Id do this mod too but had mine since new and dont want scoopage. Keep her looking like the 3l she is.

fair enough.

i just find its the easiest and cheapest way out.
cant really do the front mount easily with the winch.

ive spent just over $200 on it so far i think.
the cross country intercooler is about $1500.
while there core is probably a bit bigger i think this custom setup is a pretty good compromise considering the cost saved.

Latest posts

Back