Joe's Cape York Trip 2014

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh No. That's not good. What happened to the prado....

got stuck in the nasty mud hole on the track from punsand bay to the tip, water in the car water in the fuel, one not so happy prado, was there 2 weeks ago and the water is all but gone!

Hi Bryan, How did your trip go?
Yeah I heard they got written off. They have another prado now though.
4 naving I will explain all in the next few parts of the write up ;)

Bloody fantastic, just pulled in at 5pm today. only a few small issues which will come in my right up.

Cheers bryan

Sorry been away at fraser island and work. Taking a while but there will be a Part 3 with the last of the trip and all the good bits like fuel consumption and prices etc.

wow mate good read!!!!
I was wondering if you could help me out and give a fellow navara owner some helpful hints for me and the misses as we are planning 5 week trip from melb to the cape on our own in November 2015.
is this a good time to go?
what way should we head from cairns?
what places and tracks should we avoid being on our own?
I have enough mods and will hopefully have a camper trailer and defently a winch by then.

your feed back 180%JOE, Or anyones feed back will help us plan for our trip of a lifetime.

:redcool:

a cyclone past through just before easter this year.

a workmate of mine went up to cape flattery on the queens birthday long weekend (7th-9th june) and were flood bound up there for several days.

me and a few mates went up to the starke river fishing in the first weekend of july and road was beautiful from cooktown to starke, freshly graded (we went up the isabella/mcivor road instead of through hope vale)

at the time we went up all of cape melville/bathurst heads area was still officially closed due to late wet and previous cyclone damage. the road was open as far as the starke river on the east and kalpowar crossing on the lakefield end

explains why you guys had been the first ones through this year, would of been a good fun!

even under normal conditions you cant get out to bathurst heads/cape melville until the start/mid july, its just way too muddy/wet. the first time i went out there it was in the end of july a few year ago and there had still been very few cars in there before us. was well worth the trip tho!

edit: im from cairns

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back