Cape York 2014

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04SilverSTR

Reaction score
Well 7 more sleep until we leave for the cape for 3weeks. Ute is ready, Cant wait!! Traveling with my Mate and his family with his TD4.2 GU Wagon.

Anyone else heading up soon?

cheer
Bryan

sounds like a good few weeks, safe travels and have a blast ya lucky buggers.
Look forward to reading the trip report and drooling over your pics.

Enjoy mate. I'm up here now, camping just north of loyalty beach. Did all the tele track (keep left on Nolan's)

We will keep an eye out for you up there mate, we leave on the 31st July via Fraser Island. We expect to be heading north of Cairns on the 13th August. Will be travelling with a red hilux.

We will keep an eye out for you up there mate, we leave on the 31st July via Fraser Island. We expect to be heading north of Cairns on the 13th August. Will be travelling with a red hilux.

have a good trip Andrew
shoot me a pm and we will catch up if ya like
hows married life?
cheers

Enjoy mate. I'm up here now, camping just north of loyalty beach. Did all the tele track (keep left on Nolan's)

Thanks for the tip on nolans! good to hear you made it through ok.

will do the same blacknav, my guess is we will be heading south by then!

Going to usher pt? It's good!

Also check out eului or alui beach. It's pronounced you-Lou-e I think? Quite nice!

we leave 17th of September for 3 1/2 weeks. i will be reading your report with interest.
going with a mate who has a 3lt GU. cant wait , still have heaps to do to the Nav yet..

At funny dunny park south of home hill, we are going to smash it to cairns tomorrow then the real adventure begins. Fuel economy has been good so far.

Cheers
Bryan

hmm we are going to be two weeks behind you , and thank you for that. hopefully whatever it is you are going to smash will be cleared up by the time we get there.. we will just cruise along and have a beer at every pub and a couple more beers for the day.

In weipa at the moment, killed the OTT sailed through nolans, not so for 5 cars the next day, done the tip heading to the he frenchmans track friday then the old coach road. Then we will start the slog home. Ute is going great, only a busted cv boot to report so far.

Cheers
Bryan

Currently camped up in the town of Daintree, what a beautiful place and a great pub. Have even sighted some crocs already. Off to Cape Tribulation and the the Bloomfield track tomorrow.

Have a mate that was a few days ahead of us in a 2013 D40 st that have had their trip cut short just out of Cooktown with a bent chassis, devastating for all. 😔

Currently camped up in the town of Daintree, what a beautiful place and a great pub. Have even sighted some crocs already. Off to Cape Tribulation and the the Bloomfield track tomorrow.

Have a mate that was a few days ahead of us in a 2013 D40 st that have had their trip cut short just out of Cooktown with a bent chassis, devastating for all. 😔

what did they do to bend the chassis?

Back