Fraser Island for a Month

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Shay-

Reaction score
HI guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know I will be heading over to Fraser for a month starting this Saturday. I have a blog and I am planning to write something about the days travels (track and fishing reports as well as general camping shenanigans) and upload it whenever we have reception during our travels. Plan is to fish a lot for tailor, try the clip method for spanish/jewwies/sharks (if thats all that will take the bait haha) Fish shallow gutters for whiting/flatties probably a day or two at Kingfisher from the jetty and a trip up to the sandy cape at some stage.

Thought it might be of interest/help to a few people on here. Only a couple of pre trip posts so far but hopefully will start getting some good information and pictures come the weekend and the future.

Anyway, its at www.1monthonfraser.wordpress.com if anybody is interested.

Cheers
-Shay

lucky you!!!
me and a mate are heading over in january only time we got off.
ill be keen for a read
have fun

Yeah for sure 4byfor. Where abouts on the Island you headed too? Say hi if you drive past.

Yeah it was cloudy here on monday and I was really hoping for a bit of rain to harden up the sand :( A nice 30min shower would do the trick nicely. Gonna be fun by the end of the month if the weather stays like this!

Yeah for sure 4byfor. Where abouts on the Island you headed too? Say hi if you drive past.

Yeah it was cloudy here on monday and I was really hoping for a bit of rain to harden up the sand :( A nice 30min shower would do the trick nicely. Gonna be fun by the end of the month if the weather stays like this!

Yeh for sure I can't wait to get away and just chill out and do some 4x4ing its been too long!

Excellent. Hopefully you drive past as we are pulling something nice and big out of the ocean :p

And yeah lads, should be amazing! So excited haha

Softest sand I ever encountered on fraser was around dili village heading to lake boomajin, car just sunk in like the titanic, luckily it was a petrol auto so I was able to give it the beans and make it through....

if you want a nice spot for chilling out head to lake Birrabean, its the same as McKenzie but has like 1/10 the people, keep that one to yourself though.

Yeah love Birrabeen. Haha I do know that little secret. I stumbled across it on my first trip to Fraser. Shame there is no camping there, but then again, what would you do, there's no fishing either haha!

Just having a read through your blog, great write up so far, sounds like your having a great trip aside from a little wind.
Interesting that the Maheno is more exposed, when i was up there in January it looked as though it would only be a few more years and it would be all but gone.

Yeah I catch what you're throwing about the Maheno, I was up here in April and I was thinking the same thing. Funny how quickly it changes aye

I'm leaving fraser tomorrow. Picked up a 64cm Jew out the front of Eurong last night, 400m away from my hotel. That South African bloke caught a 1.4m shark yesterday as well, he's fishing with some heavy gear.

Got back yesterday! Shame I didn't run into anyone :(

Nice work on the Jew Jared. We didn't get any but we also didn't chase any into the evenings.

Plenty of beach to work with at the moment, shame its so damn rough!

Back