Good secluded camping sites max 7 hours from briabane

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4BYFOR

Reaction score
Hey guys as topic states I'm looking at going camping in the next few months and would like to find out some good camping spots secluded and no amenities just nature! So I'm asking if anyone has found a good place or places either north qld or north nsw? Cheers

Have you had a look at "4x4 Earth" web site? thats not to bad for finding camp sites and 4x4 tracks.
They get logged on there map by other members and most have photo's and comments from other people who have been there, and they are always being updated by new visitors.

Mate, if u want remote, then head on down to Sundown NP down near Stanthorpe.... Just came back from there yesterday. Great spot; remote camping; some great 4wdriving; wild deer; Kangaroos; wild goats, etc.

It is remote and there is no real amenities but for some drop toilets at burrows campsite

I'll post a trip report with some pics when I get around to it..... also, need to repair my car after the weekend :(

Mate, if u want remote, then head on down to Sundown NP down near Stanthorpe.... Just came back from there yesterday. Great spot; remote camping; some great 4wdriving; wild deer; Kangaroos; wild goats, etc.

It is remote and there is no real amenities but for some drop toilets at burrows campsite

I'll post a trip report with some pics when I get around to it..... also, need to repair my car after the weekend :(

Ahh crap that's no good mate, yeh would love to hear your report about it

Ahh crap that's no good mate, yeh would love to hear your report about it

Sundown NP Weekend Trip 2013:

Pics located here: Sundown NP Weekend Trip 2013

Tracklog & Trip Report located here: Sundown NP 2013 Tracklog

A selection of pics:

1st nights camp:
Sundown+NP+2013+Weekend+Trip+019.JPG

A selection of some of the side tracks that we explored:
Sundown+NP+2013+Weekend+Trip+%2528A50%2529+10.jpg

Sundown+NP+2013+Weekend+Trip+%2528A50%2529+11.jpg

Sundown+NP+2013+Weekend+Trip+%2528A50%2529+12.jpg

Mate that's done really nice scenery but I don't see any navaras lol yeh I think it's a good place for a long weekend

Yeah.... I don't reckon my D22 would have gotten to the places I wanted to go.... plus, that's why I've a Zook for these sort of trips. Perfect for tight enclosed tracks and + I'm not too worried about pinstriping......

Bucurumbi south west of grafton. Great spot right on the river a few tracks around no one around for miles I go out there to get. Away a fair bit now top spot

Latest posts

Back