*Vic* Toolangi Murrandindi this weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Not sure whether Sat or Sunday at this stage but we are going out for a look see around this area. So far it is us ( Ange, myself and the hounds) and a mate and his other half in the Bravo company car so nothing too radical. Just a day out in the forest with a few sangas or even a BBQ for lunch.
Anybody else interested?
Weather looks good and have just picked up a Hema map of the area so will be looking for as many points of interest as possible.

I'm a possible for Sunday,on my own,the missus has to go to a baby shower.
I have to work Saturday so that is out.
I have a portable bbq.

I'm a possible for Sunday,on my own,the missus has to go to a baby shower.
I have to work Saturday so that is out.
I have a portable bbq.

Sunday is looking more probable than Sat so it would be good if ya could.
Also looking at my neighbour with a new Patrol as well so thats 4 so far.
BBq would be grouse - the other 2 haven't confirmed the status of theirs yet but if you bring that we will cover ya for lunch.

I was out there a few weeks ago, very dry with plenty of tree's across the tracks, and some tricky detours,. Probably best to avoid the spur tracks. Rocky tracks a good challenge for standard trucks, go down first then see if you can get back up.
Have fun!.

I was out there a few weeks ago, very dry with plenty of tree's across the tracks, and some tricky detours,. Probably best to avoid the spur tracks. Rocky tracks a good challenge for standard trucks, go down first then see if you can get back up.
Have fun!.

Just looking at Rocky Trk on the map - is it steps or boulders?
And we are going to chuck a chainsaw and drag chains in and help out by clearing what we can.

Last edited:
Sunday it is then. Look forward to meeting you Ian.
Now we need a meeting point.
Can I suggest the intersection of Melba hwy and the turn off to Toolangi @ 9:30?
lets workshop that.

Keen as for tomorrow.
So far Absolutely confirmed is ourselves and Ian.
Brendan, my neighbour is about 80% and is keen but depends upon whether his young fella sleeps all the way through tonight.
Glenn with the Bravo is still possible but haven't heard from him this arvo.
Anyone else interested for tomorrow post up here and I will check before we leave in the AM or call me on 0408 378 708 to know we are waiting for you.
Wont be an extreme day just a fun tour of Toolangi and Murrandindi areas stopping to enjoy the scenery and to see some of the falls along the Murrandindi river. A social outing really.

Adrian

Rippa day!
Home with nil damage. Straight to the beer fridge!
Will put up some pics and a bit of a write up after a shower - and another beer!

Pictures tell a thousand words
DSCF1009Standarde-mailview.jpg

Doesn't look it but relatively steep and quite slippery. We ended up turning around and coming back up this track after we found 400m on a couple of serious trucks with 35's trying to get up the other side. Was very surprised in the ability of the factory AT's to get back up this.

DSCF1045Standarde-mailview.jpg

DSCF1060Standarde-mailview.jpg

Guess who has a new chainsaw and was itching to use it? Bloody useful and I believe was had for the right price.

DSCF1071Standarde-mailview.jpg

Self explanatory really

DSCF1081Standarde-mailview.jpg

DSCF1084Standarde-mailview.jpg

A good fun track that led us onto the spur tracks which as reported above were littered with fallen trees and branches. We once again had to turn around when we came across a tree blocking the track with no less than a 6' girth.

DSCF1132Standarde-mailview.jpg

DSCF1165Standarde-mailview.jpg

We lucked upon a tyre tree bearing fruit! As it is still early in the season it had only one Cooper STT in full bloom. As it was the correct size it was harvested before it could grow any larger. Will be back after xmas and see if a full set of BFG's have sprouted.

Mate I bought exactly the same chainsaw off ebay, just didnt have any branding on it. I have used it quite a few times, no complaints at all, goes great.

Nice pics too!

Oh and was the tyre tree bearing UnServiceable (U/S) fruit?

We read it as S/N - but in that pic your right it could be US. It has what looks like a repairable puncture similar to nail or screw damage. Time will tell. Ian grabbed it for his spare.

Latest posts

Back