Short Fraser Conditions report

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Shay-

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just went over to Fraser for the weekend so I thought I would post about the track conditions for anyone heading over in the near future.

General Beach - In general not too bad. Travel even at high tide is possible if difficult as long as you are paying attention to any larger than average waves

Hook point - Could not pass within 3 hours of high tide (can't comment on earlier as thats when we were travelling sorry) Had to use inland bypass which wasnt completely horrible, more just annoying.

Beach rock bypasses (Yidney/Poyungan/happy valley) - Fair bit of exposed coffee rock around, can drive on beach no worries at dead low. Otherwise picking your way through the rocks is a bit of fun, couple of good rocky tracks, rather bouncy but easily doable driving sensibly in low range.

Indian heads/champagne pools entrance- Quite steep, few good bumps, got a good run up and made it easily enough in 2 low. A good number of people were failing and having to have multiple attempts, but a bit of momentum should see you through.

Waddy point - Beach is great, reasonable gutters, nice lagoons, few puddles on the way in but nothing too crazy, should dry up reasonably soon with no more rain.

Eli - Was passable even at high tide as long as you timed your run with the waves heading out so it was mostly freshwater you were driving through.

Inland tracks - Really nice actually. A couple of bouncy areas but almost the best condition Ive seen them in due to the recent rains.

Hope that helps anyone planning a trip in the near future.

suprised i didnt see you, was there myself in my d22 what color is yours? saw a few navs up there!

and yes your reports are spot on!

bryan

Latest posts

Back