*Vic* Toolangi Murrandindi this weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good pics Aido,great day of touring and a pleasure to meet you and Ange.Can see in those pics how hard the fires went through there.
We will see how that tyre goes this week,shame if it's stuffed,not far off new,either way i hate seeing stuff dumped in the scrub so it's good to get it out anyway.
I'll go through my pics tommorrow and see if there is anything worth posting.

I've also got one of those chainsaws, but mine's got an 18" bar. Make sure you tighten everything up before using. Mine needed tuning when I first got it, but once that's done, no probs. I paid $51 plus $47 delivery for mine off ebay. The delivery is a ripoff, but it's still a bloody cheap chainsaw. I've priced the same thing in a Husky or Stihl, and you're looking at around $900.

I've used mine 2 or three times now,after the first time the chain stretched a bit and needed adjusting in no time so take your tool kit first time out.
Other than that it's good for my needs,cutting fire wood three or four times a year when camping and clearing smaller logs off tracks.

Looks like you had a good time, did you come across any deep bog holes or ruts?

Yes.
Smiths rd (?) off Sylvia creek rd.(second left out of toolangi) South side of gully provided wet and muddy downhill - as pictured - with a steep hillclimb out the other side. Too much for us on the day but could be good in the dry. Thats where we observed an MQ SWB with full loud pedal going backwards up the hill on 35" muds and a modified 80 series ute airing down to have a go.
Aeroplane trk also saw us back up due to too deep ruts for standard ( and near new) vehicles.

Are you running 4wd yet?

Latest posts

Back