North-east coast NSW beach camping/what a good spot

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahinde85

Reaction score
Hello fellow Navarians,

The black beast has been given it's TLC and is ready for a good ole fashioned work out over the christmas break.

So I'm looking at doing a trip over new years/first week of January somewhere in the north-east of NSW.

I've done Double Island Point, Bribie Island, and Fraser.. so I'm self sufficient... but the girls always prefer something bit less 'roughing it'.

Was thinking along the lines of a spot that is similar to beach camping at Bribie Island (i.e. camp site clear of everyone, but within walking or driving distance to toilets or showers).

Ideally the place would be near the beach so I could do a day trip in the nav and find a nice gutter...

Any tips? I've been looking at this page but can't make a decision. Looking around the Byron/Lennox Head area.

Find campgrounds | NSW National Parks

Cheers!

ballina beach village isnt to bad its at south ballina with 4wd access to the beach so its not right on the beach just a few hundred metres back has camping facilities or cabins have had some decent fishing on that beach, also just be aware in nsw some spots you do need a 4wd permit for the beach and most can only be obtained if your a nsw resident at south ballina you do not need a permit though

Back