Go Back   The Navara Forum > General Discussions > Main Forum

Old 02-07-2018, 11:52 AM

Garage

how do i make the pic's a bit smaller?
Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2018, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

You can only try them I guess. I have used them in Kenworth trucks before and can't say they were very good. It was on a mine site, so private haul road. Weren't too bad for you as the driver, but horrible when another one was coming towards you at night time with them. Best thing to do would be measure the length and diode location compared next to a halogen globe to see how they line up.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Old 02-07-2018, 08:58 PM

Garage

In newer cars, that's not necessarily the case. The "Common" pin might be negative on low beam, but it switches to positive on high beam with the high beam pin changing to negative. I tried fitting a relay to one of these cars and ended up connecting pin 85 to common and 86 to high beam just to get the things to work!

Tony

A diagram of how you set the whole thing up would be great. Having that exact issue with a friend's Getz. Never had an issue wiring up lights legally but started on his and wtf so it has been in the too hard basket.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:08 AM

You may have problems with those lamps as they only have a single led and nothing for the low beam cutoff. I have fitted a set of NARVA ULTIMA H4 L.E.D GLOBES and I'm very happy with the beam pattern. They didn't require any headlight adjustment when fitted and are quite a bit brighter than the stock globes, but probably not as bright as some of the aftermarket halogens that are around. They work perfectly with the electric aim adjustment. They weren't exactly cheap, but I do a lot of night driving and was replacing halogens like nobody's business
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	546700-zoom.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	22438  

Last edited by Chronic; 03-07-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:47 AM

So if not HID lights, is there a recommendation to brighten up the head lights? more importantly low beam as I have driving lights installed to assist high beam. Just seems hard to see when on low beam.

Old 03-07-2018, 04:24 AM

I used to use a SCA brand 130/90W (they also do a 100/90W) globe in another car, and those globes were pretty awesome, but did generate more heat, but that car had glass, not polycarbonate headlights so it wasn't a problem. I also upgraded the wiring. Other than something like that your looking at any of the +100% ~ +150% variants on the market. Philips +130 Extreme Vision were a pretty good globe for me in the past but longevity was a problem. Others here also seem to like the IPF Fatboys but I have never tried those. Other than halogen, your looking at LED, either NARVA or Phillips or some other quality brand that does it right with the light source & cutoffs in the correct position for the reflectors.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Administrator

My Mood:
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennm View Post
Tony

A diagram of how you set the whole thing up would be great. Having that exact issue with a friend's Getz. Never had an issue wiring up lights legally but started on his and wtf so it has been in the too hard basket.
It's pretty easy in the long run. It relies on the fact that the coil in the relay isn't polarity-specific, so you can have it work no matter which way you hook up the wires to pins 85 and 86.

If you want to be able to use high beam without the driving lights on, then hook up a relay in the normal fashion in either of the lines going to pins 85 or 86 in the picture below. No power = no activation = no driving lights. Like this: earth in cabin to a switch, then the output of that switch to pin 85 of relay in the engine bay. Pin 86 of this new relay to positive. Pin 30 should come FROM the headlight (let's say the light blue line) and pin 87 of the new relay should go to pin 85 of the other relay.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Basic Driving Light Diagram.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	22444  

Check out the FAQs by clicking here!

"Money can't buy happiness, but it does make misery a lot easier to deal with."

Old 03-07-2018, 11:52 AM

Hmmmm they look like china specials to me

Highly likely to be of the "dazzle oncoming traffic" variety

Try these
These IPF ones position the led unit exactly where the tungsten filament was in the original globe so they work with the cars reflector to shine where they should
As oldtony said if they are not designed to sit where the original globe did they will never work properly

http://www.ipf-light.com/catalog/341hlb.php

Old 03-07-2018, 12:00 PM

If its lowbeams you want to boost i would have to recommend the IPF fatboy 2

http://arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/newPro...wmpTWwr35MohFy

Their japanese name translated is "super low beam"

I bought 5 pairs from an ebay seller in japan a couple of years ago and wouldnt buy anything else now..
At least not until LEDs for cars improve a little more

Old 03-07-2018, 12:01 PM

Try again
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...8NBcSQuzTmJRu3