Go Back   The Navara Forum > D22 > D22 Engine

Old 24-12-2014, 06:35 AM
Advanced Member

Garage

The TLDR version,

Download the demo version of winols, drag the rar into winols and it will find about 12 maps automatiacally out of the 170 or so there is. Check the guides to find out how winols works. Our ecu is 16 bit, lo/hi, 255 in the winols settings.
I've added the bins for a Australian 2001 gu patrol if anyones interested. If they have an immobiliser you would have to socket your original ecu.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2005 navara original bins.zip (93.9 KB, 115 views)
File Type: zip ozzie 2001 gu patrol bins.zip (94.2 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Rumpig; 27-12-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Sponsored Links

Old 25-12-2014, 05:23 AM
Advanced Member

Garage

I plan on making a vid showing how to find all the maps and working out the axis, which is the hardest part. Might take a few days to get around to doing it thou.

Old 25-12-2014, 12:21 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpig View Post
And after all that typing I need a drink!

Hey mate,

Thanks so much for your effort writing this up! I can't wait to sink my teeth into this... I've got a few days before starting a new job on the 5th Jan so I plan to geek it up a bit...

Is there anything that you're having trouble with that you could use some fresh eyes on or you've got it all sorted?

I think I'll have a crack at soldering a board myself (even just to prove that it's beyond me and I'll know my limits for the future) but my old man is pretty handy with all manner of electronics so I might go and pay him a visit with a bunch of Ecus and see how we go...

Cheers,

-scott

Old 25-12-2014, 12:32 PM

My Mood:
Garage

following

Old 25-12-2014, 09:56 PM

http://ioterminal.com/?page_id=577

I believe that this will do the yd25. But it's 800 bucks form the uk and I'll be spewing if it won't do anything.

Old 26-12-2014, 12:31 AM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Garage

Not that i have a ZD30 but still very interesting...Following

Old 26-12-2014, 01:35 AM
Advanced Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottm View Post
Hey mate,

Thanks so much for your effort writing this up! I can't wait to sink my teeth into this... I've got a few days before starting a new job on the 5th Jan so I plan to geek it up a bit...

Is there anything that you're having trouble with that you could use some fresh eyes on or you've got it all sorted?

I think I'll have a crack at soldering a board myself (even just to prove that it's beyond me and I'll know my limits for the future) but my old man is pretty handy with all manner of electronics so I might go and pay him a visit with a bunch of Ecus and see how we go...

Cheers,

-scott
I've been driving around testing various things for 6 months at least so have a fairly good understanding. Current problems are blowing smoke when bogging it down, like when staying in second instead of going back to first and something cutting fueling once you go past 18 psi. I can fix the fuel cut by changing some fuel maps but want to find the boost map causing it.

Some tips for soldering, you'll probably want a hot air gun, don't lift the chips when desoldering or you'll pull the pads off the board, just heat up the solder then push the chip lightly until they move easily. And I think what I was doing wrong was when cleaning the old solder off I was drag braid across the board and it was pulling laquer across the pads. Find a busted old laptop or the like to have a practise on.

Old 26-12-2014, 01:39 AM
Advanced Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew0 View Post
http://ioterminal.com/?page_id=577

I believe that this will do the yd25. But it's 800 bucks form the uk and I'll be spewing if it won't do anything.
Twice posted a yd25 bin file on ecuconnections and I had a bit of a look at it in winols, it's far harder to find maps in that file than it is in the ZD30. You might want to look at his bin before buying the tool!

Old 26-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Garage

I've made a short vid on how to find the maps using winols demo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frPK...ature=youtu.be

Old 27-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Garage

The most time consuming part when starting from scratch is identifying all the maps and then working out what all the axis data is. Once you have found some of the maps, and you know the axis descriptor, you can use the search function in winols to find other maps that have the same axis. With the hexdump open hit "CTRL F" and a search box comes up, type in the axis descriptor ( make sure your searching in decimal) and then use the two blue arrows to scroll thru the hexdump to find other instances of that descriptor. To help I've attached a list of all the axis descriptors and there factor, the ones I know that is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	search function.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	19131  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Axis descriptors ZD30.txt (1.5 KB, 130 views)