The D.I.Y. ZD30 remap thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah thats the one. Nah no problems so far only put it in this arvo. I thought my ecu might of been dodgy it smelled like diesel and was pretty filthy but it seems fine

It took me a couple of hours cleaning the pcb between pins and checking all the connections to get mine to work. As soon as I got it working it has been great ever since. I think part of the problem was I didn't get rid of all the lacquer before I put the socket in place. I probably installed the ecu 5 times before I got it working. I did rush the job initially though as I was taking the mrs out to dinner and running out of time.

Last edited:
I did a continuity test on all the pins to the pins beside them and only a couple were conductive I will confirm which ones. I think it might have been pin one and two. Otherwise they should not conduct to the pins either side.

Thanks everyone for the help finally got it running. ( earthing problems and a couple of bent prongs) the difference it amazing thanks again and thank you so much rumpig

Hi Rumpig,

Does the tune that I have been using match one of the tunes that you have posted dyno curves for?

Unloaded and not towing I have no increase in EGT during normal driving. It is higher under full throttle but it hard to say by how much as I ddin't have a good benchmark previously. I intend on moving the EGT pre turbo to get a better idea of temps. I have uped the boost to 17psi though which has probably helped keep the temperature down.

No, the tune I sent you was from after the dyno runs. Sitting on 80km/h I get 80c difference pre turbo to post turbo, and sitting on 100km/h I get 100c difference pre turbo to post turbo, pre turbo being the higher temp. If I hold it to redline (4500 rpm) I hit 700c pre turbo. 730-750 seems to be the general consensus for maximum pre turbo temps.

Hi Rumpig, are you still playing with the remapping?
I have been following this thread and been meaning to contact you about it, just busy with other stuff lately.
Cheers
Adam

Yeah I am. Went to MTQ the other day to book another dyno run to recheck the fuel ratios but there dyno has shit itself and they've packed it up and sent it back to Melbourne to get fixed, with no idea when it will be back. I've bought an AFR guage http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php but am going to fit it to my bike first as I've chipped that, then fit it to the Nav.

Yeah I am. Went to MTQ the other day to book another dyno run to recheck the fuel ratios but there dyno has shit itself and they've packed it up and sent it back to Melbourne to get fixed, with no idea when it will be back. I've bought an AFR guage http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php but am going to fit it to my bike first as I've chipped that, then fit it to the Nav.

Ok No worries, ill be in touch when i get my shyte together.
Ive got an 03 zd30, egr mod,boost and egt gauge, ecu talk and a new injector pump!
Cheers Adam

Being the dry season up here I've been riding the bike mostly but got round to putting the Nav back on the dyno after tweaking the maps to clean up the AFR's. They start around 14 now as apposed to 12 in the earlier version, so not so much smoke down low. First 3 pics are with the stock ecu, next 3 are the 15psi maps, last 3 are at 17psi. These aren't going for out right power, just a basic tune that would be suitable for any standard Nav in good condition.

Attachments

• IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 180
15psi remap. Torque goes from 200 to 280 nm.

Attachments

• IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 168
17 psi. Torque goes to 280 nm. I'll start a write up on all the actual map changes soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 163
Okay just trying to compare you original dyno readouts to your new ones. In your original your AFRs were down to the richest point at 12:1 with your new tune you have 13:1. Look like the difference between 15-17 psi on your new dyno runs is about 3kW and the same torque, so not much benefit upping the boost. In a couple of your earlier dyno graphs you have a green line topping out at 106kW and like 380nM, am I reading that correct? Was that adding in a chip or something as well?

Also I get little to no smoke down low, had a mate drive behind me in his hilux and he said I get a tiny little puff when I change gears and thats it

Yeah there isn't much difference with the extra 2 psi boost and the 109kw one from the earlier runs was at 21psi with a 30% mix of methanol, which I didn't run this time. On the dyno there was a fair bit of smoke down low but you'll get that with the foot to the floor in 4th at 1200rpm.

Did you get a chance to test your AFR meter against the dyno?
I think we need to send you some Rum funds :)

Latest posts

Back