The D.I.Y. ZD30 remap thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap Rumpig that is an amazing improvement on stock. I checked your garage to see what your other mods were and can see the catch can, I assume exhaust. I see a tank of some kind under the bonnet, is that a water/meth injection system? What else have you done? Also does the turning off of the EGR valve eliminate the need to blank it?
I like the photo of your speedo too! Good to be in the NT hey! The cops would take your car off you in WA.
Keep up the good work on this cracking thread mate👍👍

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That photo may have been taken on the dyno. Rumpig can clarify that. We only got a small section of open speed limit back which is just north of Alice Springs. And we're all law abiding citizens up here anyway ;-)

My car runs good actually (i have raced another ZD Nav and i smoked him and and ive got no power mods jus an intercooler and a catch can,his car was blowing heaps of black smoke n mine dosent at all).

was just looking for a power increase as after fitting a steel tray and im about to fit a winch it will be a little slower,and we all know the Navs arent tuned for optimal performance or the remap would yield no benefits.

Yeah they definitely didn't tune it for performance, if the patrol is 189kw at the wheels, that would be close to 230 at the crank which is double standard!
The remap I posted was for a stock setup and is limited by the exhaust temps you get with the factory turbo, with a better turbo it would be easy to get more.

Holy crap Rumpig that is an amazing improvement on stock. I checked your garage to see what your other mods were and can see the catch can, I assume exhaust. I see a tank of some kind under the bonnet, is that a water/meth injection system? What else have you done? Also does the turning off of the EGR valve eliminate the need to blank it?
I like the photo of your speedo too! Good to be in the NT hey! The cops would take your car off you in WA.
Keep up the good work on this cracking thread mate����

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'd still put in a blanking plate because the valve might not be sealing properly due to carbon build up. I've also seen pics of a valve that had corroded and gone thru the engine.

I've got a 2 1/2" exhaust from the turbo back, Forefront high flow turbo, front mount intercooler, manual boost controller and water injection.

Can't remember when I took the speedo pic but the speed limit was unrestricted everywhere when I first moved here, Fed government blackmailed the Territory government to can it, cause it proved " every k over's a killer " to be a crock of crap.

Rumpig, I have been searching for a solution to the crap throttle response on my ZD30. I'm a long way from you chaps - our ZD30 Navara's in South Africa were not fitted with the EGR setup, so that simplifies things. I have added an intercooler, 2.5" exhaust, and piggyback chip.

The results are really impressive (125kW and 410Nm at flywheel), but the crappy throttle response is even more noticeable! Could I simply plug in your ECU and fix the problem? I guess the piggyback may need to be removed?

Let me know what you think. I'd be interested in the last ECU with chip that you have.

I did send an A9 ecu to a member in the Carribean and it worked o.k even thou the ecu numbering was different so it's possible it would work in yours.

Yeah Zexel. Because you don't have the egr system I think an Aussie ecu would cause problems, if you found a spare the same as your original there shouldn't be any problems.

Attachments

• IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 117
our ZD30 Navara's in South Africa were not fitted with the EGR setup, .

could you take some photos of that and post them up.
would be good to have a record of the differences the different markets had.

Seems you have done quite a lot of good work here.
I am into modifying a Nissan Patrol 2000 model with the ZD30 engine and the Zyxel ecu.
However, what about checksum. I assume the ecu need a corrected checksum after modifying.
Or, is not neccesary on this ecu?

Never had checksum problems so i'm sure it doesn't have one. My bike i'm just starting on does thou.

I can supply the sockets and chips , I don't do the soldering to fit the sockets.

Such a great read. Very impressed with the maps. And all the write ups that you provided rumpig.

hey looking good
I haven't delved to deeply into this yet so a few not sure on the procedure to get this done.
can someone step it out for me?
the thread jumps back and forth on proceedures so following is tricky if you haven't played with them yet

I know it is a long thread mate but I recommend grabbing a beer or two and reading through. Quite a few people sing the praises of Rumpigs remap and I am seriously considering trying it out. There are a couple of other places providing ecu remaps for zd30 too, east coast performance I think? I want to upgrade my exhaust, block egr and fit catch can so I might just order an ecu, but damn I would love to give it a go.

Latest posts

Back