help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattytrb

Reaction score
Hey guys my d22 yd25 is jerking when driving. Its losing power and its becoming more frequent. The egr is blocked and iv disconnected the nps. Checked fuel lines filters the whole lot. What am I missing?? Thanks guys

Welcome to the forum.

If the jerk is very sudden, like a total loss of power followed by a return to normal, I'd suspect air in the fuel lines, or an erratic connection on the injector harness.

If it's a gradual change from normal to loss and back to normal I'd suspect a turbocharger issue, like the rotor shaft is impeded by bearing damage. You'd have to inspect the turbocharger to determine this (see the FAQ).

Is there any smoke when it happens? That could mean either an erratic electrical connection on an airflow sensor or an injector is sticking. After cleaning the sensor connections, I'd run some Liqui-Moly Injector Cleaner through a tank. I did, noticed a major difference within the first 100km.

Hey mate. Thank you. Yeah the jerk is very sudden and very erratic but sometimes when it loses power it will keep running fine but feels like it isnt making boost. Yeah its blows abit of smoke to mate.

Sounds more like an electrical connection issue - erratic ones usually are, especially if it runs absolutely normally at other times. If she makes good boost when normal, then it could be wastegate control, it could be injector harness, it could be the earth point on the side of the engine block, the earth point for the ECU on the engine bay sidewall.

We've also had a couple of members here with dud batteries that sporadically caused issues, and I recall one of them tried numerous things that didn't work until the starter battery was replaced.

Latest posts

Back