Td27 Snorkel DIY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D21-DX2.7D

Reaction score
Hi all, here it is my first write up and mad attempt to install a snorkel on my D21,This Snorkel was purchased from 4wd supacentre for a total of $87 Delivered (Cannot fault check out and postage service).
first things first I put the template on the car in a position I thought suited at the time. But it wasn’t till I cut all the holes I realised it was all so wrong. The template is not very accurate and the holes are to small I noticed on my first observations of the cyclone Snorkel. Do not place template where I have in photos will show correct placement next post once I’ve secured my snorkel.
61498DF8-4BEF-4713-BAA2-5F7CEBD34B0C.jpeg
22B8F0D7-B1AB-4E2F-9FF6-FEA38218AC37.jpeg

Not to worry though... the snorkel is quite oversized and I will take photos once I adjust it to suit. I’ll also show it comparison to the template for reference for future DIY people. Now this snorkel has a oval shaped hole for the snorkel tube so I used a jigsaw to cut the hole out.
I strongly recommend using masking tape over the cutting area as you will damage your paint otherwise. Remove the splash guard in the wheel well to check for wires before cutting.
More pics and work in progress next time
Cheers, Mat

Latest posts

Back