Navara Newbie

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xanderfotos

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I took the jump and got myself a second hand Navara in December last year, previous to that I had two low slung Mitsubishis. A 1995 TS V6Si (limited to 500 made), and for the past 7ish years prior to the Navara was a 2007 380 SX, which I still have and I'm currently getting some repairs done slowly, and a leather interior.

I jumped onto the forums as I've got some issues with fuel consumption, so I guess I need to find where I can post about that and use some collective heads.

I got the Navara for a few reasons, mostly change of lifestyle. The doctor said I need to take more time off work and have holidays. Don't have to tell me twice!
My knees, hips and back are shot after 25 years of cricket, getting in and out the Mitsi is painful. I'm also using to pick up timber and pallets for building stuff as a hobby, something to fill in my Saturdays seeing as I can't use the other bit of timber to smack a ball about anymore :D
Hopefully some weekends away, I also take a lot of photos (I just take photos I'm not a photographer :) )
It is primarily a work vehicle to get me around, but I'm not a tradie or hauling anything. I'm an I.T. Consultant, so I keep some stuff in the back and that's about it. The inside stays mostly clean except for a tonne of sand when I've been down the beach.

Welcome to the forum, you will find a wealth of knowledge here.

What sort of issues re fuel economy? I have 2008 D40 STX Diesel manual. I get an average of 9.5l/100km combined, if that helps. Stock engine with 350,000km on it.

Welcome to the forum, you will find a wealth of knowledge here.

What sort of issues re fuel economy? I have 2008 D40 STX Diesel manual. I get an average of 9.5l/100km combined, if that helps. Stock engine with 350,000km on it.

About 16L/100! It's thirsty. I get about 450kms before the empty light comes on.

I still have a years warranty on it from the dealer, it was assessed by a mechanic and they gave me 2 errors which are on paper at home. Something about Throttle position and speeds output was the other one. I can get more details later tonight.

I took it to another mechanic, they did a look over and it was filthy in the engine. So a bunch of filters have been replaced and other areas cleaned. Fluids topped up, but it's still doing the same mileage. I've tried different providers of Fuels, Caltex, BP, Liberty, Shell etc and they all do the same.

So I'm going to call them again this week and get it looked at again.

I can get some more details when I'm home as to what's been done. But I've been told it's not normal, even if I was towing a caravan it shouldn't be that high.

Okay, the first mechanic I went to from the Warranty company ran their OBD across the car and gave me

"Error with Trans codes
- TP (Throttle position) circuit issue
- Speed Output circuit issue"

They said they don't deal with trans stuff, so I had to find someone else.

I went to the next place recommended to me (my regular mechanic doesn't do much diesel work)

They had it for a few days and started with a good clean and check on the basics.

- Lube service, change oil and filter, and safety check
- Air filter replaced
- Fuel filter replaced
- DEBARBDIES Upper Engine cleaner, Diesel Decarbonise intake system
- Cleaned air flow meter
- Tyres under inflated
- Air filter blocked.

After that, there's been no improvement.

Any suggestions or get them to look at those 2 error codes as a starting point?

Latest posts

Back