Power loss?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to me like the filter isn't clamping down correctly, the edge round the box where the filter sits should be dust free completely but it appears that isn't the case. If it was me I would coat the filter edge with some vasoline then place the filter in the box and clamp the top on, then remove the filter and see where the vasoline has not transferred to the air box.

You really need to get this sorted quickly, or get some sort of assurance from Nissan that they will spring for a new engine, that amount of dust will be knocking a lot of Ks off the engines life, if its been sucking that amount of dust for the last 20,000kms I'd be surprised if it will last another 20,000 if this is not fixed.

yeah done grease round seal did another few thou k's its now looking same as those pics its goin straight thru and trust me im pushing for a new motor

Im a heavy vehicle mechanic by trade
I call customer care i see my dealer my dealer is of same opinion as my need another motor now. nissan australia just keep saying wait til our techs can find a fix it will be ok im like u may fix dust getting in but that wont repair damage done

In the pic you can see its sealing its where the dust stops and starts again line around edge.

If it is sealing there has to be a hole in that bottom box somewhere, how else could it be getting in, if it's getting through the filters someone needs their arse kicked big time.

i cleaned it with water it didn leak thought same thing. any other ideas other than check seals and check airbox for holes it could only go thru air filters

Been helpful tho thanks more help then nissan so far im not liking my chances of getting new motor. and to boot its using more fuel less power already

You got me as far as ideas go, if there are no holes in the bottom section anywhere for dust to enter and you are certain it can't be getting past the seals it has to be going through the filter. With regards to the lack of power and using more fuel, looking at the amount of dust in the filter box, the MAF sensor has got to need cleaning again if it hasn't been done recently, but I'd be inclined to leave it alone, at least you can go to Nissan and say its losing power and using more fuel, the dust is killing the engine, more evidence to support your claim that it will need a new engine. :wink:

Yeah ive shown the dealer and nissan have all the photos but nissan arent in too much of a hurry to do anything. Maybe I shoulda bought hilux lol

got any more pics of filter and the other half of the filter box?
it almost looks like the top half of the filter box is not clipping down properly. mayby its missing a seal ?

i don't think it coming thorugh the filter as it hasn't got dust on the bottom of the box.
also it would to check for any restriction upsteam of the filter. mayby its getting high vaccum in the box causeing it to suck past the edge of the filter.

Last edited:
the side i have shown is the side that should b spotless the intake side i can get some of dirty side. shouldn be restriction from new wouldn think has snorkel fitted mayb when it was making horrible vibrations brand new. The air filter itself has the only seal and i coated it with grease to make sure its not goin thru seal. Pics of filter i can get u cant see dust coming thru it either. Ill take some pics and post in the morning tho. the top box is clean side and when clipped down doesn seem to get much pressure thats why i used grease to seal filter.

Latest posts

Back