Lift pump install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry didnt see this post. The strainer looks good. The second link is the chinese aeromotive knock-off i was talking about.

Louder than an 044? That would be unpleasant. Yeah, id be willing to take a punt on the quality - genuine holley black is $400!!!

Okay, ive kinda narrowed it down to aeroflow bypass reg (holley knock-off $70) the chinese speedflow/aeromotive knock-off 100micron filter, $30 (that $88 strainer, im not sure about how the cannister seals to the top) and either carter black (the 15psi one) , holley blue, or 044, but the catch is i want to mount it all directly above the fuel tank so it's protected.

Which one of those pumps do you think is best suited to sucking (in a good way)? Literally probably only 200-300mm above bottom of tank. Or is there another, better option?

the 044 will do the job nicely. would prefer it to the holley.
found a vid of the 044 pump and it sounds about the same as the carter, which are quieter than the holley.
do not forget you need a one way valve (and fittings) for the bypass.

Cheers mate. Just ordered everything, including check valve and fittings. went with 044. Its a relief not to have to think about it anymore, lol.
You're right about 044 and carter sounding similar, as i have had both in my other car, although the 044 can be especially annoying, especially when the tank is low and its heating up. Hopefully on diesel and with less load and proper floating rubber mount it wont be as bad.
Got a pierburg "veyron" as the efi pump in my other car now - bigger than 044 - 360l and very quiet. Designed to suck a golf ball through a garden hose too. Was tempted to get one but a bit pricey.

Latest posts

Back