D22 Dump pipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah that explains it!

Do u guys use Cats?

i know ur suppose to use a cat if ur car comes with it.

wats the fine if u get busted without one?

I meant " catalytic convertor " if anyone was thinking the fluffy furry animal thing.

Last edited:
Is there any differance with the power with or with out the cat with a new dump pipe, the only factor is witht the cat it is dearer than no cat. also is there any differane in loadness with or with out cat. as I am looking at a buying a new dump pipe.

I have a cat on mine. A cat shouldn't give hardly any extra power.

$10,000 fine verse 1kw.

Ill settle with 1kw less.

talking about dump pipes and cats. i have just be given the approval form teh minister of war and finance to add a dump pipe to the already done exhaust system. ive been quoted $180 fitted without a cat converter. is this reasonable and should i be getting a cat converter further down the exhaust system before the muffler?

i have ebayed some cat converters and found this
High Flow 2.5" Metal BOKKA S/Steel Catalytic Converter | eBay

yes no? my guess is the lower the cell the higher the flowing. im not to worried if i am better going a 200cell over a 100cell. i know nothing about exhaust systems and wanting some more info. is there specific diesel cats? or does any cat suit any car?

talking about dump pipes and cats. i have just be given the approval form teh minister of war and finance to add a dump pipe to the already done exhaust system. ive been quoted $180 fitted without a cat converter. is this reasonable and should i be getting a cat converter further down the exhaust system before the muffler?

i have ebayed some cat converters and found this
High Flow 2.5" Metal BOKKA S/Steel Catalytic Converter | eBay

yes no? my guess is the lower the cell the higher the flowing. im not to worried if i am better going a 200cell over a 100cell. i know nothing about exhaust systems and wanting some more info. is there specific diesel cats? or does any cat suit any car?

i put 2 of those cats on my old ba pursuit ute i had at 100 CPI each and it made a fair difference in rev response and exhaust note i d go the 100 cpi for less restriction and at least you still have a cat so by chance they cant pin you for it
personally when my vara goes in next week for the zorst im goin 3 inch turbo back no mufflers. :devil:
cheers

brent

Is there any differance with the power with or with out the cat with a new dump pipe, the only factor is witht the cat it is dearer than no cat. also is there any differane in loadness with or with out cat. as I am looking at a buying a new dump pipe.

I knocked the cat out of mine and noticed a difference, but I think mine was fairly blocked. The fuel economy has gotten a little better aswell.
As for noise it give the note a bit more bark to it and the turbo whistle gets a lot louder :rock:

hey guys, is there any difference in a 2.5 inch and a 3inch dump pipe? theres afew 2.5inch dump pipes on ebay, apparently made bolt onto the existing exhaust system, im not sure if its worth buying or waitting abit longer and get a full 3inch system?

and also, when i get my exhaust system, im going to get a cat but no not sure if im going to get a muffler or go straight pipe after the cat. is there a huge noise diffence?

cheers,

Simon

G'day fellas, I'm after a 3 inch dump pipe alone to complete my current 3 inch exhaust system. I've tried a lot of places but unfortunately they only sell complete units and not just the dump pipe alone which leads into the Catalytic convertor.... Can anyone direct me towards an exhaust shop that would help me out? I've tried Scott's rods for one, and they said only complete systems..... Cheers fellas!

G'day fellas, I'm after a 3 inch dump pipe alone to complete my current 3 inch exhaust system. I've tried a lot of places but unfortunately they only sell complete units and not just the dump pipe alone which leads into the Catalytic convertor.... Can anyone direct me towards an exhaust shop that would help me out? I've tried Scott's rods for one, and they said only complete systems..... Cheers fellas!

EBay mate. They have some good quality units that would just need an exhaust shop to finish of from bottom of dump to existing system.

EBay mate. They have some good quality units that would just need an exhaust shop to finish of from bottom of dump to existing system.

Hey man thanks for the reply, I've tried eBay several times but they always show the full dump pipe including a cat... And red back offer one but that's nearly $300!! Xforce do a 2.5 inch dump pipe but said they will not be doing a 3 inch individually. Not winning hahaha

Back