D22 Dump pipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, I don't remember anyone pulling me over to check that my cat was in place in all the years I've been driving. I'm not doubting that there is a massive fine but I just don't think there is much of a chance of copping a fine like that. I don't reckon most cops would even know what it was. I crapped myself when I got pulled up in my GQ (7" lift, illegal barwork, loud exhaust) and they looked at the muddies and told me it was all good mate, plenty of tread left on those. lol.:victory:

depends on the coppers.

they tend to target all the rice burners with stupid loud fart cannons. they'd probably give them a yellow sticker for a pod filter, and when going over the pits they'd probably see the cat gone and be like, 'you aint passin through', etc.

havent heard of 4wd'ers getting checked though.

did you read about how lots of americans have had their cat converters stolen? as the cat has platinum in it, people just cut them off cars with hacksaws and trade them in for like 150 bucks

There are stories of the cops and EPA hanging around the exit of Landcruiser Mountain Park testing people as they leave the larger meets. I've never seen them but some people have, it does happen.

anyone got a pic of the beauexhausts one ?

Tweak'e I have the Beaudesert Exhaust 2.75" system but it is awkward to get in there for photos. Are these any good for what you want?

Attachments

• DSCN7742.jpg
    DSCN7742.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 321
  • DSCN7743.jpg
    DSCN7743.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 298
  • DSCN7744.jpg
    DSCN7744.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN7745.jpg
    DSCN7745.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 333
thanks for that. it helps.

i would like to see one that doesn't have cat and what it look like where it bolts to the turbo.

still trying to get details out of the companies :(

i wonder if split or a dual dump pipe would have any benifit with these motors. especially as you can spend a lot of time at full boost.

still trying to get details out of the companies :(

i wonder if split or a dual dump pipe would have any benifit with these motors. especially as you can spend a lot of time at full boost.

AM Auto Services - Stainless Steel Gallery

See pics 18-20

Would have some benefit as it keeps the air in a laminar flow. Due to the shape of the exhuast housing and that the wastegate opens and shuts it creates turbulent flow.

If the wastegate was plumbed in further down, it would help, but how much is anyones guess. (5kw at best is my guess)

I reakon a
Catalytic Converter
would produce better gains!

this is the new dump pipe.
from enk-tek. got run around by beauexhausts and taipan was only interested in full system.
a little dissapointed its not ceramic coated but it will do the job.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 199
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 238
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 235
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 215
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 290
$250AU + postage and CC fee. looks like i scraped past having to pay tax on it (fingers crossed as thats adds another $100).

im looking a getting these guy's dump pipe fitted to my system.
the fine in queensland i think is a $10000 fine if ya get caught and they want to give ya shit

had to get bolt threaded for the EGT probe/sensor to make an adaptor for it to fit.
i think i stuff up a bit and did metric thread (m10 1mmpitch). in fact i think it uses 1/8npt thread tho not to sure.
only just fits in the bolt.

only downside is probe doesn't stick into exhaust gas stram very far

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 158
the good news is its in !
at long last.
bad news is they broke 2 studs and it left bits in the thread so at the moment its missing a couple of bolts. have to take it back and take the turbo out to get in a remove the bits.

its was a bit of a drama. they did it the hard way, unscrewed the studs without taking the turbo out. the cat just squeezes out past the turbo.
after being horribly delayed by the broken studs, i quietly (yeah right!) drove it round to the exhaust where they bitch and moaned about being late. however they managed to get it all done just on 5pm.
so now its 2.75" dump pipe with 2.5" exhaust, front resonator (was hoping for bigger one but time was short) and an almost straight through rear muffler.

result....quiet as a mouse :)

its still has to settle in, turbo wine is a bit annoying but that may go as the tube settles in.
dump pipe hasn't made much of a difference to power (nothing close to the difference the change in rear muffler made) but it feels a lot easier to get up on boost. power delivery is a lot smoother. feels better off boost.

also got the EGT guage hooked up. so far max of 400 degrees (post turbo).

unfortunately i left the old cat behind in my haste (will pick it up later). you can see why its not great. stock dump has the tube doing hard knife edge 90 degree change straight out of the turbine. the waste gate flow gets shoved into it also. neither is great for flow through the turbine.
the cat itself looked surprisingly clean. mind you EGR has been blocked for a long time so there has been stuff all soot to get caught in it.

Hey guys.

When u say " straight through " do u know mean

Turbo > Dump Pipe > Resonator > End of exhaust?

no muffler? im think of getting myself a full system, i most the most power output but i also want it to be legal.

Any info would be awesome guys,

BTW i live in Liverpool, Sydney, NSW, if you know any shops around there would be great ud tell me where it is =]

Simon

straight through system is no resonators or mufflers at all.
straight through muffler is basically a resonator or muffler that you can see straight through it.

Back