What's your fuel economy like these days

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D21-DX2.7D

Reaction score
Just chasing some stats for the D21's, how much fuel economy do people get? My Nav has the Td2.7 with a 60l tank and gets ruffly 450 to 500km to the tank but when the engine was in the single cab it got 650 to 680km off the 80l tank (highway driving). Heard some engines are better than others and I would like to know how we all fair on our tired diesels and petrols. More than 20 years on

My 89 D21 would return around 9 lts/100 when stock. The 285's on steel rims killed the power and economy. All I had was a 2.5inch exhaust and the pump played with.

Attachments

• pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 93
  • pic 4 (2).jpg
    pic 4 (2).jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 104
My 94 Navara auto with VG30e engine is terrible on fuel .. It uses 16 -20 litres per 100 km. That's more fuel than my old GT falcon 5.8 litre V8 engine.. I get 280 km out of my 60 litre tank before it starts to splutter..

Last edited:
My 94 Navara auto with VG30e engine is terrible on fuel .. It uses 16 -20 litres per 100 km. That's more fuel than my old GT falcon 5.8 litre V8 engine..

Hello Pinto,
I gave my thoughts in your last thread mate. http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=34141
Unless you have a weeping injector and drive hard there is not much more you can do. That motor is very reliable but needs revs to get going, the auto will bog it down more.

Hello Pinto,
I gave my thoughts in your last thread mate. http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=34141
Unless you have a weeping injector and drive hard there is not much more you can do. That motor is very reliable but needs revs to get going, the auto will bog it down more.

It may be the thermostat telling the computer that the engine is running cold and causing it to run rich as the temp gauge hardly moves off cold .. I have to replace the timing belt so I will replace the water pump and thermostat.. Engine runs great with plenty power.. does not use oil at 268,000 km.

Raise the Temp

Before you start blowing Cash on Parts, just fit a sheet of Cardboard across the front of your Radiator, and force your "Temp Gauge" up into a respectable
position and see what you get from these Penny Pinching Computers you seem
to carry about everywhere we go, This was the biggest Buying point of my
87 D21 Ute when I bought Her, No computers, The only problems she has are
very much like mine Personally, Old Age, not Gadgets telling me when and what
to buy so "Nissan Motors" can get rich instead of serving you in your Purchase,
Read up on the older Vehicles of the Thirties and Forties and follow how long
they lasted without Computers!

Old but still working, just slower!

highway Man!:deadhorse2:

Latest posts

Back