Winch into ARB Deluxe Bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie91

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a quick question I hope you guys have an answer :)

I'm looking at the tigerz11 domin8r winch for my ARB Deluxe bullbar however was told by the guy @ ARB to not to buy anything too big in size, as of it not fitting the bar.

They quoted me the Warn 9.5XP with dimensions of (L580xD160xH190mm) the domin8r winch meets all those except the height with it being (560mm×157.5mm×260mm). So does anyone know if this size will fit, regards to mounting im not too concerned as ARB will be doing the install when they fit the bar.

If it doesn't fit was looking at the smaller sized Roo winch with the following dimensions : (537x160x218mm)

Thanks,

Hey charlie91,

There are a number of factors at play when sizing a winch and it doesn't always come down to just dimensions. If you shoot me a PM with some further details (year and model of your D40) we can go from there.

All the best,
David

cant remember who but im sure there is member on here that has that exact combo.

Hopefully they see this thread

mate i spoke with 4wd supercentre today and they told me itll fit but u need to run an offset hawse fairlead which they will supply.

mate i spoke with 4wd supercentre today and they told me itll fit but u need to run an offset hawse fairlead which they will supply.

yeah thanks, I went there the other day also when they had the winch and waeco 65 CFX fridge and picked it up with the offset.

ARB fitted the winch and my bullbar and a bunch of other bits on Monday, Tues and Wednes and all is good :)

Did have to rotate the clutch only thing but that is really easy :)

Old thread but you have to remember that the bars are only rated for 10,000 lb and the winches are 12,000. So if something goes wrong you may not be insured etc. M2cw. Cheers

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I've been asking this question in the D40 550 forum as apparently their bars are different (not sure by how much) and wanted to hear from people that have installed anything but Warn winches. I was hoping to fit a Runva EWX9500 with dimensions of (577mm x 163mm x 217mm)

But maybe might have to find someone that might let me try and fit it up to see if I can get it to work with a cluth rotation.

I have a Smittybilt winch in my STX550 D40 in a Deluxe ARB Bullbar.
ARB installed it, had to rotate the clutch but fitted in fine.
Also 10,000 lb winch, 10,000 lb bar rating.

I don't know if its bullshit or not when they say should not use a 12,000 winch with that bar.
I do know that you cannot estimate when it is reaching bar limits and then shutoff a 12,000 winch before damage is done.

When ARB said don't go too big did they mean in physical size or capacity?

Its interesting that if you use a pulley on a tree and loop back to a tow point on the chassis then its 10,000lb stress on the Bullbar.
But if you loop back to the centre of the Bullbar then its 20,000lb potential strain on the Bullbar and disaster is likely.

Latest posts

Back