Door stuck shut

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the same problem with my central locking unit. The door won't unlock through the central locking unit, so I use inside handle instead, although it will re-lock through central locking. I noticed the central locking unit is different to standard actuators. These seem to combine the whole latching system also. Are these a throw away item, or can they be repaired?

They are bloody expensive items. I don't remember if they are sealed units or not but last time I priced them at Nissan each side is a different price and the price of the cheapest was over $400.

If it's working in one direction (and no, I don't mean you should test it by inserting it into the members of the band with that name) and not the other, it might have come loose, or one of the control rods might have bent. You might be able to repair it, or lubricate it.

just done

Hello

My first post here and found this thread. Just had the same problem today on my 07 rx. Found that by removing the rubber around the cab where the pinchweld was I could slide a coat hanger inside and push the child lock up to be able to open it. Now to find why it wont open from outside. Did anyone having this problem find out why it wouldn't open from the outside handle?

Thankyou

Hello

My first post here and found this thread. Just had the same problem today on my 07 rx. Found that by removing the rubber around the cab where the pinchweld was I could slide a coat hanger inside and push the child lock up to be able to open it. Now to find why it wont open from outside. Did anyone having this problem find out why it wouldn't open from the outside handle?

Thankyou

Yes I ended up solving mine. After half stuffing up the clips when opening the central locking mechanism, I found the problem to be with the cable between the external handle and the mech unit. The sleaving on the wire snapped from where it was secured on the external handle. This caused the cable/wire to not completely return into the mechanism when handle was released. This caused a lever inside the mechanism to not reset.

door handle child lock

Hey guys got bit of a dilemma the rear drivers door stopped unlocking on outside which was ok as I just opened from inside but while I was away working the wife put child lock on so now the door won't open at all...
How the hell am I goin to open it now hahaha

Any help would be muchly appreciated

I used a plastic spatula or burger flipper to slide in through the seals and flick up the child lock switch

Latest posts

Back