Running Temp

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonner

Reaction score
Hi have just bought a 2.7 4wd trayback and noticed it runs cold. On the highway the temp doesn't go above 1/4 and in the suburbs the gauge barely moves at all.

Im thinking this way to cold for a diesel to operate at optimum and most likely its missing a thermostat.

Appreciate any feedback

Yes it is to cold. Wizz the thermostat housing off and take a look.

Always a worry when you fine things like this as it could of been removed to get around other cooling problems. Hopefully it's just stuck in the open postion.

I'd say it's missing too. If it was stuck open I'd still expect it to get to running temp, just take a bit longer to get there. Even if it is open there's still the restriction there. If its gone completely there's no restriction. I had the same think with an mq patrol I had. Put a thermostat in and it was fine. The funny thing is, removing the thermostat can actually cause overheating in hot areas under high load so I don't know why people take them out...

Ill add my can's to this thread too.

I never get sick of looking at boobs.

Nothing to add as your question has already been answered.

thats interesting as my engine temp is the same only 1/4 slightly higher when crawling a steep road but cools back down quickly...im not mechanically minded...do u think mine has no thermo stat too?

thats interesting as my engine temp is the same only 1/4 slightly higher when crawling a steep road but cools back down quickly...im not mechanically minded...do u think mine has no thermo stat too?

Easy enough to find out! Checking thermostat should be done regularly anyway. Do you do your own servicing?

Hi Pinelli,

sadly i do not trying to find one but they all be a KA engine or somethimg else.. if you have manual or know where to get it that would be perfect as im having other issues too:)

Hi Pinelli,

sadly i do not trying to find one but they all be a KA engine or somethimg else.. if you have manual or know where to get it that would be perfect as im having other issues too:)

One of the threads in this section is about a free digital manual.

In any case, thermostats is an easy job. You'll get one from super cheap or any spare parts shop . Get a gasket too or some gasket goo. Where the top radiator hose goes to the engine, should be 3 bolts to remove a small cast metal piece, and thermostat will be under there (if there is one)

Boobs

Boobs are definetly a Traffic Hazard and Our windscreens should be ground to suit our eyes just like prescription Glasses that we wear, so we cannot miss seeing
them clearly, I for one would hate to think I missed seeing them at all,

This is a "Road Safety Warning", for all "Nissan Drivers", Lets face it to many of us requier a White Stick now, as things stand,{old age, Grog, and all that}

Regards,

Highway Man!:confused2:

Tits and the watching of

Happy John,

My Name is also John by my Mother, and Many,many,many Year ago when I
was a "Biker", I was called "John the Baptist", in our Troop!

Now being instructed to forget watching for these Monuments of Delight, I do
feel you are trying to change my call sign to "Sad John", You should be told I am signing off with Tears in my Eye's at the thought!

Where is the,:toiletpaper:

"Sad John"

Latest posts

Back