bugger!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
looks like its my turn to need help.
the ute flashed up engine light and lost power just before home.
pulled up the codes which are 0407 crank sensor and 0707 injection timing.

could have picked up some crap and its blocking the fuel filter, crank sensor is failing or its injection pump time :(

its 2004 done 190,000km. if its injection pump its probably $5k. figners crossed its filter/fuel issue.

tweak'e i had the same prodlem when i first bought my nav the light was flashing. it was the fuel pump :-( yes 5k. a few years later the same thing happen but im not shore what code i had. i thought wat the f!@k, another 5k but lucy it as my desiel filter it was coming losse from the primer. so i tighted it up and the light stopped. my edvice start eliminating thing from the simple and less expencive first because it can get very very expencive. good luck mate.

well it seams to be running fine today and no new errors detected.
i have a rough theory.
have had trouble with gauge sticking (ran out of gas with it reading half tank). it was reading 1/4 tank and we put ~55 liters in this morning. however the tank protector has a big ding in it from an accident years ago. quite possibly the tank is dinged or bent a bit.
this may mean fuel is surging away from the pickup and its been sucking up foam, even with 20 liters left in the tank.
as we know air in fuel is common cause of the dreaded 0707 code.

may have a look at replacing the tank.

i had the same one day it was ok and the next the light was flashing. im glad you figered it out.

Can someone please clarify- when you say "pull up the fault code" does that mean the fault code number is displayed on the dash somewhere or do you have to plug into the ECU to read the codes?

Cheers

you put a wire across two terminals of the OBD port under the dash. the engine light then blinks, firstly with long flashes and then short flashes. the amount of long/short flashes is the numbers in the code. so 7 long flashes and 7 short flashes is 0707 code.

anyway the story continues.....
went to a farm up north today, got a few km's away from it when lost power and engine light on. while i waited for one of the guys to turn up i borrowed some tools and changed the fuel filter. then the primer wouldn't work!
fortunately the had an air compressor within range, blew down the breather which filled the filter really quickly.
so got it going again.

now the filter fortunately is one you can see the element from under neath. its the blackest i've ever seen a fuel filter. slight bit of sludge, so maybe a touch of diesel bug.

When you finally figure out what is wrong, maybe you could get a mod to change the title to make it easier for future searches. "Bugger" might be a but generic for those who do use the search function.

how about "buggered" or "rooted"

i'm guessing i've picked up some bad fuel and its caught the crap in the filter. surprisingly there was nothing when i drained the filter, which was the first thing i did. no water, no dirt etc.
the weird thing is that its throwing the code.
years ago i had a filter where the element failed and blocked the fuel off. only had half power but no engine light.

Do u know which 2 Terminals u bridge out with a piece of wire??

you put a wire across two terminals of the OBD port under the dash. the engine light then blinks, firstly with long flashes and then short flashes. the amount of long/short flashes is the numbers in the code. so 7 long flashes and 7 short flashes is 0707 code.

anyway the story continues.....
went to a farm up north today, got a few km's away from it when lost power and engine light on. while i waited for one of the guys to turn up i borrowed some tools and changed the fuel filter. then the primer wouldn't work!
fortunately the had an air compressor within range, blew down the breather which filled the filter really quickly.
so got it going again.

now the filter fortunately is one you can see the element from under neath. its the blackest i've ever seen a fuel filter. slight bit of sludge, so maybe a touch of diesel bug.

one on each end of the longest side

Attachments

• check ecm d22.jpg
    check ecm d22.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 379
how about "buggered" or "rooted"

i'm guessing i've picked up some bad fuel and its caught the crap in the filter. surprisingly there was nothing when i drained the filter, which was the first thing i did. no water, no dirt etc.
the weird thing is that its throwing the code.
years ago i had a filter where the element failed and blocked the fuel off. only had half power but no engine light.

I got a code from a blocked filter - dont't remember which but.

Latest posts

Back