roof racks and baskets

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
looking into a roof basket to carry a spare tyre, swag etc when out bush.

The tigerz11 half length basket looks good, none of these style baskets seem to have mounts for a d22 so it would need to be mounted on roof racks.

What roof racks are people running?
which are the sturdier models, and are there any to be wary of?

Mate I'm yet to get roof racks but have gone with the rhino racks. Accessories are readily available from almost any auto store and there bars are solid. Also they are track mounted. As for the basket, you could use some U bolts or make some plates are with some bolts through to secure it?

Rusty

I have rhino racks and basket and recomend the rhino stuff as they have plenty of sizes and accessories and are proven good product. Check out there website and figure out how you want to set up your truck.

I'll second the rhino rack gear, it's well built, solid, and doesn't look too bad either. It's pricey, but it's worth it AFAIC.

Also, stay well clear of the clamp down system, save yourself some hassle later on, spend a bit more money now and get the permanently fixed track system, it's ALOT more solid than the clamp system (and looks better too!)

rhino for sure great product

31012012445.jpg

Like my old Musso Dual Cab, my New Navara will get used for both Industrial Medic Work and weekends of play or in the case of Offroad Racing - Both. This see's me carrying a range of gear from Spine Boards, Rescue Baskets to my OzTent or all of above.

Have ordered with My Ironman Canopy a set of Whispbar HD Heavy Duty Roof Bars that will replace the Factory Canopy Mounted Bars.

Have been told Rhino Accessories will attach to the Whispbar Bar, I hope so as I have also ordered 2m Rhino Basket to carry our OzTent and will be looking at other Rhino Accessories like Kayak Carrier and Gas Cylinder Retaining System as well.

Rhino rack dealer? What about company and/or location? I'm looking for rack prices atm

The One Stop Rescue Shop - western Sydney but I can send freight anywhere (almost). Just let me know what you're after and where you are...

opening an old thread cause i cant find what im looking for.

i am just about to get roof racks installed on Friday and i am going the Rhino Track Mount HD Aero Bar in Black. now what i am after is what length bars do people have on there roof racks. i was originalling told 1250 long so was working out all my baskets/trays to sit on the racks. but after putting it in officially they have told me they will be 1375 long roof bars. can anyone confirm what the real length is meant to be? last thing i want is bars that hang over the side of the car. and if it is 1375 i am on a winner cause i cna do what i wanted to do. also anyone that has the 2100x570x120 mesh basket do you recommend it and is it anygood?

thanks

Rusty.....

If I were u I would be getting the 1375mm ones as u will have more options then + if they are a bit too long u can always just cut them down to size. I had some 1375mm ones from my old 100's Cruiser that I put onto our Prado which was recommended to have the 1250 long ones. The 1375mm ones look great + I have more room to mount a shovel, etc on the extra length. The longer bars definitely don't look out of place

rob

mine are 1250 long
i personally wouldnt go any longer as mine are flush with car width

Rusty, if you dont mind me asking mate, where are you getting them done?

I'm running rhino with the heavy duty racks, looks good, yet to get a basket though

Attachments

• image-227438374.jpg
    image-227438374.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 348
  • image-3906984243.jpg
    image-3906984243.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 317
Roof racks galore at rocklea. There service is awesome. Cheaper then arb etc. I rang them thismorning and its already done. Moved my car to today and had it done in an hour. Impressive work to be honest.

Running the same as Ben-D22

Rhino Comercial bars, and alloy rhino basket, carry a 2nd spare up here and travelled all over the outback, including the Simpson Desert, no problems. The guy at roof rack city fitting the tracks said it was one of the most solid roofs he had mounted bars on. 1270mm find for a rack, spade holder and anwing.

Latest posts

Back