Installing UHF into st 2015

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinmate96

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time poster.

I recently got a 2nd hand GME TX3540 UHF Radio and i want to install it into my Nissan Navara St 2015 D40 model.
Im wondering how other people have stored them in their cars and if anybody has any tips on installing the uhf?
I am also curious, i have a uniden antenna and obviously the GME uhf, from what i have found i need a male to male
uhf antenna extension cable to connect the two together?
This is my first ever uhf radio installation, the uhf also came with missing parts.

Thanks alot for any replies!

Last edited:
Mine is similar and is sitting under the dash on the centre tunnel behind the controls. I have the cable for the mic plug running towards my seat and I plug the mic in there and drop the mic in one of the small trays near the gear lever (auto). The cable tucks nicely under the side of the console.

There's plenty of power in behind the dash and the radio doesn't use a lot. Because I don't use the cigarette lighter for anything, I used that for the radio (and added a phone charger later, but still not even close to 10A).

I ran the antenna cable out the firewall to the mount on the bullbar. Just have to make sure that's earthed properly and it's good to go.

Latest posts

Back