Zd30 intercoolers - whos running a forefront?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
Whos running a forefront ic?
Particularly the winch kit.

How have they been, any leaks, hoses coming loose etc?

Painful to change air filter?

Installation time? Do the stell bullbars need removing to fit?

Yeah I chucked a winch kit in recently. Pretty straight forward and easy. The bonnet latch rubs on one of the silicone pipes but i cant see a better way of doing it without cutting holes.
Went to change air filter the other day, it looked pretty clean so said f*** it. I think the pipe needs to come out to do it but might be wrong.

No leaks or probs. Its a nice kit. The hose clamps are cheap chinese shite though. Id reccomend getting propper aussie ones from local hardware supplies.

I fitted one of these a couple of years ago, no problems with it so far. I just pull the hoses off when I service it, mainly so I can get to the oil filter and do the air filter at the same time. It definitely lowers the egt especially when towing.

I've had mine fitted for a couple years now also, no problems at all. One little thing i did was glued some rubber around the aluminium pipe where it goes past the radiator as it was rubbing a bit. I do have to take the pipes off when i want to get to the air and oil filters but its not hassle.

I got the oil filter no worries without taking the pipe off. Not a bad idea re the rubber strip. Mine doesnt chatter though, pretty snug fit, but still a good idea.

How does the pipe get past the headlight on those kits?
been looking at pics and dont really wanna cut body work or

Iv got the bigger forefront cooler but has most of the same pipe work. Had it for at least a year and a half no issues at all. I can change oil filter and air filter with out removing any pipes. Its a bit tight getting the air filter out but isnt a problem. Pipes touch in a few spots so i just cut some silicon hose and cable tied it around

How does the pipe get past the headlight on those kits?
been looking at pics and dont really wanna cut body work or

Silicon hose goes behind headlight and you have to trim some of the radiator shroud.

Here's a pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-01-13-34-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-01-13-34-29.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 139
I imagine the silicone hose is squeezed a bit going behind the head light? looks pretty tight there
I can see the plastic on the radiator shroud that you'd have to trim and thats no worries.

good kit? Noticable difference?

I've got the FFI winch version installed on my old D22.
There was some modification to be done to the snorkel fitting and some trial and error with the washer bottle neck which needs some cutting.
Haven't tried replacing the air filter yet but it looks easy to do.
To stop the pipes knocking together, I just used some of the heat resistant stick on tape. The silver stuff on the outside tape.
The only temp gauge I have is the standard dash water temp and it's always at half way, I haven't towed a van yet.
The man to ask is Bods, he helped me fit it (he actually did most of the work).
Have I noticed any difference ? hard to say, on long runs of 500k's or more she seems fine.
I put it on just for the protection incase the turbo goes.
Cheers

Im after a winch compatible intercooler set up to increase longevity of the engine and lower intake temps, i plan on adding a power chip later on to increase the power (especially now im running taller tyres and have a roof top tent)
would be nice if the intercooler added to the power gains, even just a little while also safe guarding against a busted turbo.

The intercooler won't give you a noticeable power gain, what it will do is reduce intake temps as well as exhaust gas temps. Because the air going in is slightly cooler than before the intercooler was fitted, it will allow more air to be fed into the cylinders as cool air is more dense than hot air. In the case of normal driving, you won't really notice a lot of difference, but give it a good run on a really cold night and you will feel a difference.

I didnt notice a difference on mine, even with a chip. My butt dyno isnt very finely tuned though i guess.
But if the compressor wheel ever decides to take a day off at least its not going through the engine now!

Last edited:
for the price the front mount kit from forefront sounds good compared to about 1200 from another mob

put a winch compatable forfront intercooler on 2 months ago ,definite improvements ,06 d22 ,dp chip ,3inch exh,2 inch tough dog lift,arb canopy,awning,etc

Latest posts

Back