roof racks and baskets

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i ended up with the rhino track mount system and a tigerz11 half length steel roof basket, made up some brackets to fix the basket onto the racks.
im pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• 100_0827.JPG
    100_0827.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 451
I will get pictures up in my build thread once I have free time. I ended up with Rhino HD Aero Bar with the half large basket to fit the oztent in. It's 2100x570x120. So I'm sticking oztent RV4 plus accessories and also camp chairs and table. May even chuck a snatch strap on there incase I can't get to the tub

Sorry to rebirth and old thread here but whats the load rating for the racks you guys have?? Am thinking in the future of grabbing racks and basket to throw on when i need too, would like to carry a basket similar to what Ben85 has with a spare and high lift jack, shovel and awning similar to nathand22. Plus tent, chairs when i head off for w weekend.
Oh and a LED Bar as well.
This little venture seems to be a fairly expensive one.

Cheers Steve

yep its not cheap, you could save a little bit by not adding the roof bars, instead welding on some mounts to the basket that fit onto the track mount.

the load rating is 100kg. for the rhino track mount.

this is a better pic of my setup.

Attachments

• P1000140.JPG
    P1000140.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 304
Looks good Ben i like it, may have to invest in some steel and do some fabrication myself, like you said bolt straight to some Rhino legs.

G'day guys, I'm also looking at purchasing rhino racks. I went to ARB to sus around the rhino racks and my options with all the accessories. I see that the steel basket is pretty easy to take on and off with the u-bolts but I was wondering how easy or difficult is it to remove the pioneer platform and pioneer cage?

And if I was to get the pioneer platform, could I possibly have a kayak on top of it?

Cheers for that john, I've decided to just grab a pair of the rhino aero bars for now, and then just grab a basket later down the track.

What rhino rack gear do you have john? Could you post a pic up?

if my 2bobs worth is worth any thing i would drill the rivets out holding the trax and replace them with stainless rivets . the heads came off the front rivets on my ute when i had a basket on there. or maybe carry some in case .

Taken that advice on board Bert, thanks for that bud. Geoff that looks like a great setup, What kind of rack and basket is that you've got there?

Say....thats a nice rack!!! though i assume you wouldnt carry that much up there, would be very top-end heavy. My rack is steel and to be honest its as heavy as F*&^K so am going to modify it to make it lighter as i can feel the difference when driving around the city.

Last edited:
Here's a few pics of a steel rack which I made up recently to mount in the tub and give me bit more weight carrying capacity and compliment the removable Rhino bars which are only rated to 70kg. (Halve that for corrugated dirt roads/ rough tracks). I haven't really used them much yet but we're heading up to Coburg Peninsula in a couple of weeks so I'll see how it goes.

Attachments

• DSC_1018.JPG
    DSC_1018.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_1020.JPG
    DSC_1020.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC_1017.JPG
    DSC_1017.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Say....thats a nice rack!!! though i assume you wouldnt carry that much up there, would be very top-end heavy. My rack is steel and to be honest its as heavy as F*&^K so am going to modify it to make it lighter as i can feel the difference when driving around the city.

Yeah Onemofo more to put kayaks up there and light stuff. At the end of the day you still have to get it up and down from there...

Cheers
Geoff

"GO THE NAV V6's"

Latest posts

Back