Calmini SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DomHogan

Reaction score
Im planning on going SAS'd

Probably going to go with the calmini kit. They say you need a DANA 44 diff out of a 80-84 jeep wagoneer. But as they are pretty hard to come by, im thinking that the calmini kit could be modified to fit a different diff, say a GU one for example.

Also, with a new diff. would i need new gearing and a new gearbox?

Any info would be good.

Dont know much to help you but i do know what ever diff you use for the front you will need to change you gearing or diff in the rear also to match. Plus if you use a patrol front diff, the nav transfer wont line up.

Pete

Thanks.

So if i got a front and rear gu diffs, i would need to get a gu transfer aswell? shouldnt be too hard to find.

checkout nissan trail riders forum, and have a read of what a polish fella called askamit did, for an idea of what your in for. Its a good read and I like the way he flipped the housing.

checkout nissan trail riders forum, and have a read of what a polish fella called askamit did, for an idea of what your in for. Its a good read and I like the way he flipped the housing.

Do you have the link for that by any chance? their forum looks confusing haha

http://www.lukeys4x4.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=160

Lukeys4x4 did this. Only other one ive been able to find in oz besides solidsd22 and joshys.

Buds customs build diff housings and may be able to help.

Id love to do it and if i took it on would prob follow askamit,
Buy a donor patrol and start cutting and fitting.

Also checkout mud4 navrol thread, d22 body on patrol chassis.

Lukeys4x4 did this. Only other one ive been able to find in oz besides solidsd22 and joshys.

Thanks heaps for all that buddy!!
lukeys4x4 looks like that do really high qualtiy work. ill email them and see what they come up with.

Patrols are about as common as commodores, so im sure theres plenty of parts out there.

100 x easier to chop a Patrol into a dual cab ute.

Yeah, but there are so many like that out there. There is less then 10 D22's with that have been SAS'd that i know of. So its something different, and better.... hopefully haha

When I do my conversion I was looking at getting a custom diff built to the specs needed. I think it was the cheapest way other than importing a Dana

Shit they do nice work. Petty they arnt in vic id go have a chat about a few things.

what i done

i used a patrol diff and put in a tranfer case from a patrol also that changed the out put for the diff and gave me a better tranfer case better still all may bits are nissan and all standard parts used

i used a patrol diff and put in a tranfer case from a patrol also that changed the out put for the diff and gave me a better tranfer case better still all may bits are nissan and all standard parts used

Hey mate. Could only find the one photo of your Nav. Looks shit hot. Can you post some more pease?

Also i just read your post saying the shop who did the work were thinking about making a kit? guess that didnt happen? Who did the conversion for you?

Cheers Pete

So if i realistically got a hold of a patrol, i could rip out the front and rear diffs and the transfer case and everything would be okay and work??

When I do my conversion I was looking at getting a custom diff built to the specs needed. I think it was the cheapest way other than importing a Dana

You would just make the front diff or would you get a rear one made up aswell to match?

You would just make the front diff or would you get a rear one made up aswell to match?

Probably put the rear diff in as it is. Front I was thinking of cutting the side tubes off and repositioning the centre so it looks standard, or do the diff flip. But if I'm able to use the diffs with the patrol transfer case I may even go that way

Back