Go Back   The Navara Forum > D40 > D40 Body & Chassis

Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 AM

My Mood:
Garage

Multidrive Manufacturer Geelong , Victoria, Custom Built 4X4 4WD 6X4 6X6 6WD, Toyota Landcruisers Victoria, Heavy Duty Four Wheel Drives, 4 Wheel Drive Sales VIC, All Terrain Vehicles, Emergency Vehicles - Multidrive Technology

http://www.4wdworld.com.au/6x6-Australia.html

Check these guys out.

6WD setups.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM

Thanks to everyone who has replied, thankfully my brother is an absolute top bloke but more importantly he is an automotive body builder who has been working on chassis extensions for govt vehicles on and off for the last few yrs, we are looking at the possibility of setting it up as independent suspension, the idea of a slide on with axle attached is very interesting to me and I would love some more details if you could, I really appreciate everyone's help I will be sure to include some photos of the buildup, to answer the gentlemans question about storage you will see in the photos ye design of the slide on is perfect ( in my opinion of course) we have managed to squeeze a shower/ toilet kitchen with pantry, wardrobe table with seats a large 3 way fridge and believe it or not it is a 6 birth

Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 PM
banned

There was a thread 6 months or so ago that had a link to some slide ons for the D40 and the space in them and just what gets crammed in there was quite an eye opener. Definitely not for me as I like my space too much and couldn't even live in a 24 foot van for more than 5 mins but still brilliant what they can stuff in those boxes.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:37 PM

My Mood:

iv also heard on the grapevine monster rides are doing a d40 4" lift kit that includes uca's

Tags
6wheeler, broken bent chassis, camper, chassis extension, suspension