Unkn0wn's QD D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christian,

How do the spring go off road flex wise?

cheers
bryan

front will flex up fine, being IFS
rear leafs don't really flex, their designed for load carrying and these ones in particular are the HD ones designed for constant load, so they are pretty stiff when he cars unloaded.

Good looking nav you have there mate. Pretty much a white copy of mine :)

Yep ! I ve been following your build thread to, got to keep an eye on whats happing to all the QD's...

A mate picked me up an 80 series air-box last weekend, that I will be installing after a holiday in QLD, so ours will be pretty much identical !. You might have to add another part before i can, so they will be different.

Its been a while since ive updated this, I got a new job and haven't had much time for the d22.

I haven't even fitted the 80 series air-box i picked up a few months ago...its just waiting for me.

I got the itch to get out and convinced the boys to come out on a day-trip over the weekend, so we just did some tracks around dwellingup. Climbed some decent hills and the front Lokka made the Nav climb without a care in the world.

Navigator

0itO8Ja.jpg

Qf5UJqb.jpg

JkiIt6q.jpg

CBt7oBI.jpg

Last edited:
And today my d22 muffler eliminator pipe arrived from ebay
as found here : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261516853256?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The seller said he had only tried on a newer 2.5CR d22, but i took the risk and got it anyway.
It lined up perfectly on the QD32 system, so id suspect it would fit just fine for all D22's.

i prefer the exit angle on the newer system, this way the exh is shooting toward the ground, not all over my towbar.

Now mines has a full 2.5 inch system from the turbo all the way back.

quick noise comparison video, its not to loud and you cant hear it in the cab driving around...

http://youtu.be/UJWh2eWi9Z8

The resemblance between mine and your D21's makes me uncomfortable haha. The only real difference is the wheels.
10426325_10203201412411097_572508950261492522_n.jpg

And today my d22 muffler eliminator pipe arrived from ebay
as found here : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261516853256?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The seller said he had only tried on a newer 2.5CR d22, but i took the risk and got it anyway.
It lined up perfectly on the QD32 system, so id suspect it would fit just fine for all D22's.

i prefer the exit angle on the newer system, this way the exh is shooting toward the ground, not all over my towbar.

Now mines has a full 2.5 inch system from the turbo all the way back.

quick noise comparison video, its not to loud and you cant hear it in the cab driving around...

http://youtu.be/UJWh2eWi9Z8

Has the muffler eliminator pipe improved the performance at all?

Forums are back, havent made any changes to the nav, besides a service.
So heres a couple of pics from a boys trip down south.

dont forget the beer.

5ExaUKd.jpg

Bullbars make great hammock spots.

KMm5iDr.jpg

WiDcHkH.jpg

XklzHkC.jpg

did u notice any difference in performance/fuel economy after the bigger exhaust was fitted. i got my son a qd32 with a turbo and i wouldnt call it quick and its a bit thirsty when on the highway

did u notice any difference in performance/fuel economy after the bigger exhaust was fitted. i got my son a qd32 with a turbo and i wouldnt call it quick and its a bit thirsty when on the highway

The QD is manual injector type so the only thing affecting fuel economy would be your right foot, or a leak somewhere.

after i fitted the larger tyres the fuel economy went down and it was hard enough to get the thing to fwy speeds.

after fitting the turbo, i got my tourque back, so fwy speeds and towing where not a problem.

without adjusting the fuel, i was able to cruse freeway speeds with less throttle than previous and fuel consumption went down to something like 10/100 where it was originally.

after turbo i adjusted the fuel, at one stage i had it going like a rocket shit, but was using 13-14l/100...so i dumbed it down to around 11/100 mark where it sits now.

i want to get the injectors cleaned and the pump timing setup by a pro, just to see if there a few missing horsies under the bonnent. its nearly at 350 tho now, so its at least due for an injector service.

Hey, I should really do an update on this thread....but to answer your question... no i don't.

This weekend i did a brake upgrade, with new slotted rotors, larger ZD brakes and rotors, new bearings etc.
Spend most of the weekend working on mates cars tho, did a full diff swap on 2 navaras (fronts and rear)...picked up a navara wreck for parts and did a part time conversion on an 80 series.
has been a long 4 days!

I just this afternoon wound in some more fuel and adjusted the actuator a fair bit...on first test it runs 20 PSI....was way more responsive and fun...but not really something ill keep....intercooler is next on the list and maybe run 15psi.

I have a generic PWR W2A kit in the shed, might be time to pull it out and get it in.

Year in update

i just went back on this thread and released ive missed so many updates.
Racking my brain where to start.

Front Lokka diff.
bought this secondhand from another member on here dilmah.
Installed this myself, not overly difficult if you know diffs.
Works very well and would recommend to anyone who actually goes off-road in there navaras.
one day i would like a r200 - with e lokka in it, but im not that rich!

Forefront Industries small type catch can
yeah, its installed?
works well
recommended mod.

1.8 by 1.8 M steel tray
got this from a place that renews the ex miners trays, sandblasted and fresh paint. looked quite nice

Pionner space saving sub, behind the rear seat
Space-Saving Flat Amplified Subwoofer (200W) TS-WX710A

Long range fuel tank
bought from a wrecker, sits a bit low for my liking.
ive allready had to pull it out and fix fracture cracking from 4wding and landing on it.

Facet? suction fuel pump.
trying to diagnose a lack go go i installed a suction pump to feed the injector pump. it did make a difference, which means my IP is prob due for a rebuild...im currently looking into a BD30t pump, the larger of the td/qd range with the boost retarder.

80 series airbox
this has been fitted but still not finshed the pipework the way i want it, as waiting for the intercooler to be sorted.

Bridgestone 674 mud tyres
highly recommended tires, grip so well and have little to no road noise.

ZD30 brake upgrade
brakes were getting fairly shitty, ordered new pads but they sent me the ZD30 ones!
after realizing the rotors were larger, i ordered some slotted and dimpled rotors.

in picking up the ZD parts i needed ... i ended up buying a mates wreck for a carton...as he was over looking at it.
has all the brake setup i need, plus a bunch of shit on it including a manual gearbox

I think that's the quick catch-up.

k9KS8Oeh.jpg

28ymEzsh.jpg

UubmB9xh.jpg

Last edited:
Year in update V2

HzwMUurh.jpg

2rqf0pyh.jpg

2pc0YgQh.jpg

on the list for the next time i have free-time

1) exhaust, picked up an xforce for ZD30..was getting sick of the 2.5inch straight pipe i have, so the xforce is 3 inch and has a rear muffler..
..im getting to old, don't want to hear the turbo whistle as much.

2) fit the PWR w2a intercooler and wind the boost up a bit.

What breed of tank is that? looks the same as mine.

Cheers
Bryan

is the long ranger... the one ARB sell.

TBH i don't like how it sits below the chassis rails...id rather one that dident...but there is not many LR tank options for the d22.

G'day Christian, good to see the 22 has come along nicely, I've moved back over East and finally getting around to givin Bluey some much needed TLC

pwr W2A QD32

Allright guys, here it is....the Pwr water to air intercooler installed on the QD.

I purchaced the kit secionhand for a good price, its a generic kit with a barrel cooler raited for 350 hp, Bosh water pump, filler neck and heat exchanger (baby radiator).

The qd has a large intake manafold, that makes mounting the unit where I wanted it impossible.

BSy8VuL.jpg

The solution is to install a TD27T intake. This is bolt in, but you will need to sort out the Mount for the power steering res, as its directly attached to the qd intake.

The td intake I got was filty inside and I spent many hours removing the carbon crud from inside.. This consisted of oven cleaner soaking then high pressure cleanning (repeat about 8 times) then a wire brush with degreeser to get the remaining large chunks...then a light sand blast inside with fine sand.

The td intake has an attachement for a butterfly valve that goes to a 2.25 inch intake on a 90 deg bend poinng at the turbo.
This would not suit, so I made a plate with a 2.5 inch pipe in it..to attach directly to the intake.

Fo2zCtm.jpg

Once this was cut down, we could use a 2.5 inch 90deg bend to go directly from the intake to the cooler.

QrZ3wem.jpg

Note the boost release valve on the left...this was removed and blocked.

Part two.

Make sure your friends come around to work on their cars and help....drink beer :)

CmlkY5n.jpg

Once the intake sides done...did the same with the turbo side...
2.5 inch 90deg joiner into my exsisting 2.5 inch connection from turbo (turbo has a 2inch outlet, then a 2 to 2.5 adaptor).

Lines up nice...had to trim the 90's as its quite tight.

iS2f2vt.jpg

In the picture you can see I just used some 90deg flat bar to mount the power steering res.

WZ9lVu2.jpg

Latest posts

Back