NP300 EGR Blanking?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

This is Kevin here from Bushmans Bits (the guy who created and supplied the first EGR plate for the NP300).

I've been getting quite a lot of questions about whether or not my plate works with the new twin turbo engines. Well I can confirm, tried and tested, that it works a treat!

Please support us by visiting our website, rather than buying from all the Chinese copy cats out there.

Thanks fellas n fillies,
Cheers,
Kev

I just punched "NP300 EGR" into FB search and it popped straight up. There's a post in the group "Aussie 4wd Navara NP300". - Some good info. - Apparently the manuals can be totally blocked, and the autos need a 8mm hole or some electronic trickery. - It also seems Willall racing do some sort of device to electronically turn off the EGR without check lights / limp mode on the autos. - I've asked Martin for some more info.
Also, I read that the D22 ZD30 EGR plates fit, just need the holes elongated slightly.

Yeh, I had mine turned completely off when it was dyno tuned. It's a lot more expensive than just a plate though but worth the money for the extra power.

Just fitted the EGR full blank. Here is how I done mine.
1. remove two fuel lines from the injector cover very easy just squeeze and pull
2. remove 1 cable from the fuel filter green connector
3. remove two nuts from fuel filter cradle move filter assembly to one side, now you can see the EGR Tube.
4. remove two coolant line bolts 1 on the EGR pipe the other is just below it hard to see (10mm socket)
5. remove 2 bolts from the EGR pipe (10mm) near the coolant ones.
6. Remove 2 bolts from the other end of the EGR pipe (8mm)
7. use a leaver to move the coolant line out of the way at the same time twisting the EGR pipe towards you. This is so there is a tail that goes down into the engine manifold to come out. so needs to roll towards you to clear.
assembly is the reverse.
To bleed the fuel system. turn the ignition on don't touch the brake or clutch. You will hear the fuel pump and some noise from the fuel rail then a click and it is primed ready to start. Very easy for filter changes. Easiest diesel to prime i have owned.
I used 0.6mm stainless steel to make my blank don't think you could go much thicker as it will twist the assembly and possibly the bolts at] the other end will not line up.
Is this for d23..

I fitted a ERG blanking plate to my D22 some years ago , but this time i decided to fit a Provent 200 and seeing that the ERG blacking plate is illegal i went the safer option and here are the reasons why .
https://www.4wdingaustralia.com/4x4/provent-vs-hpd-catch-cans/

The EGR blanking plate blocks the recirculation of some of your exhaust gasses. A catch can captures crank case gasses to stop them being re circulated. 2 completely separate systems, so you need both a blanking plate, and a catch can to get the cleanest fuel burn!

Interesting discussion. I have just had (26/6/21,) the EGR tube crack on me in south west Queensland. Lot of noise just like a exhaust manifold leak, and heaps of soot under the car. Not good when travelling and 1000km from home. The local Repco workshop did not know where to start looking for the source of the soot so had to start at the top and work their way down until the split tube was found. Not a problem. Spares overnight from the east. Only one problem. Not a one to be found in Australia and earliest delivery 26th July. Asked if they would throw a couple of blanking plates on but they wouldn't come to the party. Ended up suggesting they rip it out and take it to the local welder and have the crack tigged up. Welding job done and back on the road. If it holds for 1000km more I will be home and sort it out. Question is, is this cracking a regular occurrence??? or is the scarcity of tubes due to lack of failure and I'm the born loser.

Blanking plates won't be a perfect solution because the 550 will have EGR flow sensors, and will happily chuck on a Check Engine Light for you just to make sure you get the maximum joy out of your next trip.

Cracked EGR tubes aren't common but do happen (in all models). Welding the tube is probably the best solution for now. I don't know how it will handle corrosion over time.

we have had two zd30 egr tubes crack.
i think there was a recall on the patrol zd30 for the same issue.
i suspect its a welding issue as they crack in the HAZ. as its a thin stainless tube onto thick steel i suspect they overheated the stainless.

Old thread i know , but just to spread the info
I Had a leak in the egr cooler and decided to blank the egr from the exhaust manifold side , it's been two months since the blanking and it's great . No check engine lights, no codes
2017 navara np300 at 70k kms without adblue

Old thread i know , but just to spread the info
I Had a leak in the egr cooler and decided to blank the egr from the exhaust manifold side , it's been two months since the blanking and it's great . No check engine lights, no codes
2017 navara np300 at 70k kms without adblue
Hey, again old thread i know, however just got a blanking plate for my 2017 NP300 Navara, and cant find anywhere on where to install this. i am a novice when it comes to under the hood and was hoping you knew where to install my blanking plate? i have installed the loom to bypass the EGR, but a couple fo people i have spoken to have said that they recommend both. any help is appreciated.

Latest posts

Back